Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

EK2 Is This A Good One?

Article about: Hi here is a EK2 for sale. I do not have one and want one, but an inexpensive one, and obviously a real one. This one is \\$110, but I even wanted to spend less, around \\$75 for one that is wor

Default EK2 Is This A Good One?

Hi here is a EK2 for sale. I do not have one and want one, but an inexpensive one, and obviously a real one. This one is $110, but I even wanted to spend less, around $75 for one that is worn a bit, because my other medals have some wear to them.

This one looks like it may be good, but they have been making fakes a long time I have read here. The ring at the top is bent a little, but does not bother me, and might be able to bent back a little carefully, or just maybe leave it.

Who is maker #3 if it's real?

Thanks for any info in advance.

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK2 Is This A Good One?   EK2 Is This A Good One?  

EK2 Is This A Good One?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK2 Is This A Good One?
    P
    Many

Default Re: EK2 Is This A Good One?

the cross looks fine,,#3 would be for Wilhelm Deumer,of Ludenscheid i believe,,,,

Looks good to me, as the originals have the curved edges on the inside of the cross, and the corners do have the , what some would call a chicken type feet, the fakes do not have that.

I used your picture to draw on, to show what i mean, i hope you don't mind...

Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images EK2 Is This A Good One? 

I like it as well, but if you do get it, do not try to straighten the loop.
    Tried this once and it broke off. The metal loop is stronger than the solder.
    I had a jeweler remount the ring for $20, but I no longer had a 'bargain' cross...........

$110 would be a great price, because in my locale, a maker marked
    piece is now around $140 and up ! $75 WWII EKII's are a thing of the
    past here, unless they are extremely worn, broken and damaged beyond repair.

It is salty and worn enough for me, and I would grab it for this price, Steve I

Regards, Steve.

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    Looks good to me, as the originals have the curved edges on the inside of the cross, and the corners do have the , what some would call a chicken type feet, the fakes do not have that.

I used your picture to draw on, to show what i mean, i hope you don't mind...

Brian

Thanks guys. Maybe I will get this one. I'll ask if he will take a little less for it.
    No do not mind Brian, the photo looks great. Thanks for info. I just learned to do this drawing of red lines and circles etc to highlight and point things out. I have tried to do this for years, and just figured it out. mine is not nearly as nice as yours. I must practice more often.

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK2 Is This A Good One?  

?

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    Just to step in and slightly correct Brian's comments, the 'chicken feet' or 'birds foot' corners are not found on Deumer crosses, this is a feature of Souval only.
    Deumer did finish the inner corners next to the swastika very neatly and the point has been taken off, this is not to be confused with the commonly refered to 'rounded corners'.
    Deumer have features which identify them but not those above.

The cross is however an original example at a reasonable price. I would advise not to try and straighten the ring.

Have a look at the thread here: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...val-ek2-18639/ it will identify points to look for on a Souval. Compare the 'birds feet' corners to a Deumer and you will see they are very different.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    Just to step in and slightly correct Brian's comments, the 'chicken feet' or 'birds foot' corners are not found on Deumer crosses, this is a feature of Souval only.
    Deumer did finish the inner corners next to the swastika very neatly and the point has been taken off, this is not to be confused with the commonly refered to 'rounded corners'.
    Deumer have features which identify them but not those above.

The cross is however an original example at a reasonable price. I would advise not to try and straighten the ring.

Have a look at the thread here: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...val-ek2-18639/ it will identify points to look for on a Souval. Compare the 'birds feet' corners to a Deumer and you will see they are very different.

Hi Adrian, Thanks for the extra info. If I get it, I will just leave the ring alone....it's part of it's character, and besides, I might bust it off.

Regards, Steve