Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Ek2 l/56

Article about: I would like to show my latest purchase , this nice and scarce Funcke & Bruninghaus EK2 Discussed here: EK2 uncertain maker - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Default Ek2 l/56

I would like to show my latest purchase , this nice and scarce Funcke & Bruninghaus EK2

Discussed here:

EK2 uncertain maker - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ek2 l/56   Ek2 l/56  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ek2 l/56
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ek2 l/56

A nice example Nick. Is this an early one? Stewy

I believe so Stewy

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

thats a beuty nick lucky you

tom

?

These are quite fascinating, are the EK1 crosses by this maker rare too? L/56 EK2s are some of the rarest to find - I think I know of only twelve or fifteen in various collections over the years - and the frames and cores are quite unique which puzzles me because surely, to set up the tools and dies to manufacture EKs, they would need to produce and sell a fair few to break even, yet these hardly ever come onto the collectors market so why the apparent very small producion numbers?
    Here's my marked cross for reference, note the flaw on the reverse date. The '3' has a triangular shaped indentation on the rear edge of the bottom part.....

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Well done Nick (again!) another cracking EK. How many is that now...? I think I lost count recently...

Regards,

Carl

Very nice example, Nick! Thanks for showing mate.

Regards

?

Nice one, Nick..

Here are my 2 marked examples:

Nice examples Sonny

Nick