Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

EK2 mm 49. Warning

Article about: by AMTG You were saying these are original crosses stamped with a "49"......are the flaws in the actual cross period??? I'm just a little confused No, fake cross and non existant m

?

Default Re: EK2 mm 49. Warning

Quote by AMTG View Post
    You were saying these are original crosses stamped with a "49"......are the flaws in the actual cross period??? I'm just a little confused
    No, fake cross and non existant makers mark. You will never find an original EK2 from maker '49'. This manufacturer didn't make EKs.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK2 mm 49. Warning
    P
    Many

Thanks guys.
    I take it that the core is made of iron on this type and makers marked fake ek?
    Rod

?

Great information.

Here is a close up of the mm of the one being offered at the moment. A nice clear unmistakable 49

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK2 mm 49. Warning  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi Nick, exactly how much money would be in faking an EKII? I know I only have one, but is there really enough money to be made by faking EKIIs? Surely it would take a bit of effort to actually set up and manufacture them? Do they use 1914 EKIIs as a base, then somehow modify those? Clearly there is a market, as this 49 shows, it just seems to me that it is a lot of tooling up so to speak, just to make, what, $100? A bit more? After expenses? How many would you have to move to make it worth your while? An EKI or some other more expensive award I can understand, I just don't understand the economics of an EKII. Or is it really easy and cheap to knock them out?

As far as I am aware, (I may be wrong on this) Mr. Floch started knocking these out as souvenirs after the war, and believe me, they are everywhere!
    They have nothing in common with any wartime makers crosses and don't use a 1914 as a base, but with the amount of them produced, I'm sure they have well paid for themselves by now.

?

You make a fake crosses for a few dollars each and sell them for a hundred and you have quite a nice business. You make Ritterkreuz for a few dollars each and sell them for several thousand you can earn a living! Mark them with fake or unheard of makers marks, sell them as rare originals and gullible collectors will snap them up all day long. There is a market for Third Reich medals and decorations, the fakers are merely exploiting the greed of the unwary and uninformed. If there was no money in it people wouldn't do it. It's simple business and economics, supply and demand!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi Nick & Adrian,

Thank you very much for the warning & specially for the clear details explanations.
    Regards from Alsace : France.
    Carfin.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    You make a fake crosses for a few dollars each and sell them for a hundred and you have quite a nice business. You make Ritterkreuz for a few dollars each and sell them for several thousand you can earn a living! Mark them with fake or unheard of makers marks, sell them as rare originals and gullible collectors will snap them up all day long. There is a market for Third Reich medals and decorations, the fakers are merely exploiting the greed of the unwary and uninformed. If there was no money in it people wouldn't do it. It's simple business and economics, supply and demand!
    Hi Nick, I certainly appreciate there is a market for fakes, I've bought some myself over the years I was just wondering about the physical side of manufacturing the EK. Does that involve dies etc, a tool shop so to speak? Modifying a 1914 EKII? If they do that, how do you put a swastika onto the 1914 EKII and get rid of the crown etc? I realise it is an industry, I just don't know anything about the manufacturing side of it. I've always wondered whether someone got hold of a genuine set of dies or something like that, or is it pretty easy to get new ones made? I'm not seeking info to set up shop myself, just curious.

Hi

This may help

Iron Cross Manufacturing

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2