Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ek2 mm 70

Article about: Another cross from the same dealer in Germany. I am a little unsure on its authenticity, can you guys help me out? The cross is magnetic and appears to be three piece construction as you can

?

Default Ek2 mm 70

Another cross from the same dealer in Germany. I am a little unsure on its authenticity, can you guys help me out?

The cross is magnetic and appears to be three piece construction as you can slide the corner of a piece of paper underneath the frame, the ring is clearly marked 70 for Lind & Meyrer Oberstein a.d.N., the only thing that concerns me is that on the bottom edge of the cross one end is thicker than the other and I was told that if this happened the cross would be sent back and redone, but it might just be extra solder that is causing this.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ek2 mm 70   Ek2 mm 70  

Ek2 mm 70   Ek2 mm 70  

Ek2 mm 70  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ek2 mm 70
    P
    Many

Can you show a close up of the maker mark as 70 is not an EK maker

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Could be an unclear '76' mm for Ernst L. Muller...

Regards,
    Nick

looks 76 to me.

?

Here is the sellers pic of the maker mark. it does look like a 6 not 0
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ek2 mm 70  

?

I have been using the Ek2 list on Wehrmacht awards and 70 is on there. Do you have a correct Ek makers list I can work from?

It is a sloppy 76 mark.

70 is not an EK2 maker.

/Jonas

?

So its 76 for Ernst L. Muller not 70, but my main concern is with the soldering at the bottom of the cross, how it gets thicker near one end. I though that was a bad sign.

?

I wouldnt worry about the solder job, the maker probably wasnt wearing his glasses for this one, nice cross

Heres a pic of a souval cross and its solder job
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ek2 mm 70  

?

The '76' stamps are very often found missing part of the '6' and therefore commonly mistaken for a '70' mark. Maker '70' did not produce EK2s.

There is a list here on the forum which is one of the pinned threads on the main Orders and Decorations page that I have compiled according to the known PKZ makers of EK2s. As far as I know this list is accurate and reflects those known makers that I have collected.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast