Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

EK2 - opinions - fake or good

Article about: Hello, I am very new to collecting WW2 german items. Apart from getting recenlty some buckles I have been looking for an EK2. I don'tt feel that confident to go out and buy directly from sel

Default EK2 - opinions - fake or good

Hello,

I am very new to collecting WW2 german items. Apart from getting recenlty some buckles I have been looking for an EK2. I don'tt feel that confident to go out and buy directly from seller. I will very probably end up with some fake stuff. I looked the interenet for some prooved dealers. I found some polish one, who has a good opinions about the quality and originality (at least on polish forums).

EK2 - opinions - fake or goodEK2 - opinions - fake or goodEK2 - opinions - fake or good

I took for the comparision original one from here:

Iron Cross 2nd Class

In general cross looks fine to me. Numbers look the same, markings as well. What bothers me is that 1939 looks shifted to the left (comparing to centralized in original one) and 1813 looks shifted to the right (comparing to 1813 shifted to the left on original one).

What do you think about this cross. Is it original WW2 item or some post-war replica?

Kind regards

Michal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK2 - opinions - fake or good
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: EK2 - opinions - fake or good

Hi Michal and welcome to the forum.

I copied and posted the images for you as when the link dies after the cross is sold, the thread will be useless as we won't be able to see what the discussion is about.

The cross is an original Berg & Nolte, you can buy this one with confidence. Don't worry about the dates not being central as the core is a separate piece that does move about within the frame of the cross and can shift in position.

Try a search here, there are several examples from this maker posted previously.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks for such swift answer. I didn't expect that quick response. I'll keep in mind the rule about pictures.

As Adrian says, a nice B&N ! One of my favourite makers

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

almost pristeen.

Very nice Berg & Nolte.

Thanks a lot for all of you for your replies. I've already bought it and it looks really great.