Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

EK2 Spange

Article about: Am I right in saying this is a bad piece? The rear just looks a bit shabby in the finish, but I could, of course, be way off base. Annoyed from this ads?   Tom

Default EK2 Spange

Am I right in saying this is a bad piece? The rear just looks a bit shabby in the finish, but I could, of course, be way off base.
    Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images EK2 Spange  EK2 Spange 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK2 Spange
    P
    Many

Default Re: EK2 Spange

Looks like it could be a good zinc version. Wait for other replies..............

Post 3000 ................... !
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 04-16-2011 at 04:11 AM.
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Congratulations Steve!

As for the Spange, I too would be interested to find out about it. It does seem to look ok but I'm not well up on the different variations let alone the different fakes so I hope someone can identify it for us.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2nd pattern spange, probably die stamped zinc. What I need to know are the dimensions and the exact layout of the prongs. There should be 4 prongs, 2 top & 2 bottom on a normal sized spange. The picture looks like 1 prong looped over at the top and 1 long bent over prong at the bottom but i'm not sure if my eyes are playing tricks!

I don't have the item in hand, but it looks to me like a strip was soldered to the rear at top and one at the bottom and then both ends just bent over. The top two are broken off while the bottom retains one of the turn ups.
    Tom

I have just clicked on what is going off with the prongs. The strips top and bottom had the prongs bent off the ends and all but the 1 have snapped off!
    This is not a variation that I am familiar with. Every full size 31mm x 31mm spange that I have seen has 4 prongs seperately attached to the reverse whilst the Prinzen private purchase 24mm x 24mm had 2 vertically attached pins. I will do some more digging on this one. It may well be a variant I have not come across, a later repair job or just a copy award.

A quick example of the more accepted pin mountings.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK2 Spange  

Now those are the ones I'm used to seeing.
    Tom