Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

EK2 unmarked with Karl Hensler bag

Article about: Hi, Can someone out there identify this cross which came with a Karl Hensler bag? Thanks /Jonas

Default EK2 unmarked with Karl Hensler bag

Hi,

Can someone out there identify this cross which came with a Karl Hensler bag?

Thanks
    /Jonas

EK2 unmarked with Karl Hensler bagEK2 unmarked with Karl Hensler bag

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK2 unmarked with Karl Hensler bag
    P
    Many

Hi Jonas

The bag certainly wont belong as Karl Hensler didnt make EK2's

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Hi Jonas

The bag certainly wont belong as Karl Hensler didnt make EK2's

Nick
    I know that Karl Hensler has not been attributed to any EK2 cross out there. But how can anyone be 100% sure that Karl Hensler did not make any EK2? There are EK2 out there like the "unknown 8" and "Lug variant" which has not yet been attributed to any maker? So who made these? I have seen EK2 packages from Karl Hensler, Assmann & Söhne, Franz Breuning, Eugen Schmidtdhäussler, Josef Feix & Söhne, Wilhelm Hammesfahr and Carl Forster & Graf.

/Jonas

This is the cross from the MB Militaria update this afternoon correct?

QUOTE:

"An example of the Iron Cross 2nd Class 1939. The cross in a very good, very slightly worn condition. The core with nearly all of the black paint, the frames with patina.
    Not marked but a known variation that can be attributed to the company of Karl Hensler from Pforzheim.
    The fitting large blue envelope in a very good, slightly used condition. Printed on the obverse with the designation "Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse 1939" and on the reverse with the cross maker "Karl Hensler Pforzheim.".

EK2 unmarked with Karl Hensler bagEK2 unmarked with Karl Hensler bagEK2 unmarked with Karl Hensler bag

So what is the concensus as far as these crosses and packets are concerned at the moment, good or bad??

Regards, Ned.
    Attached Images Attached Images EK2 unmarked with Karl Hensler bag 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    This is the cross from the MB Militaria update this afternoon correct?

QUOTE:

"An example of the Iron Cross 2nd Class 1939. The cross in a very good, very slightly worn condition. The core with nearly all of the black paint, the frames with patina.
    Not marked but a known variation that can be attributed to the company of Karl Hensler from Pforzheim.
    The fitting large blue envelope in a very good, slightly used condition. Printed on the obverse with the designation "Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse 1939" and on the reverse with the cross maker "Karl Hensler Pforzheim.".

EK2 unmarked with Karl Hensler bagEK2 unmarked with Karl Hensler bagEK2 unmarked with Karl Hensler bag

So what is the concensus as far as these crosses and packets are concerned at the moment, good or bad??

Regards, Ned.
    Yes, it did came from this update. That is why I wanted to know more about the cross if it might be a variant that has not been attributed to any maker. The packet should be genuine since it (not this one) has been discussed on WAF.

/Jonas

like the EK.

Hello Jonas
    I seen this cross but not can identical
    because if not this core type would be
    I say a S&L
    but I do not know who can manufacturer

Quote by Eisernes Kreuz 2 View Post
    Hello Jonas
    I seen this cross but not can identical
    because if not this core type would be
    I say a S&L
    but I do not know who can manufacturer
    Thanks for the feedback Sanya, looks like a mystery cross then.

/Jonas

Hello,

I know this thread is old, but for anyone who happens across this post, I just acquired an Iron Cross in a Karl Hensler bag, with the same, unmarked Iron Cross you have shown here.