Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ek2 W&H > 109 ?

Article about: Hi Guys, Can anybody confirm if my unmarked EK2 is maker W&H > # 109 ? posted a thread on WAF but only had 1 reply so would like to hear more replys just to confirm. Thanks Mac 66.

?

Default Ek2 W&H > 109 ?

Hi Guys,

Can anybody confirm if my unmarked EK2 is maker W&H > # 109 ?

posted a thread on WAF but only had 1 reply so would like to hear more replys on WRF just to confirm.

Thanks Mac 66.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ek2  W&H > 109 ?   Ek2  W&H > 109 ?  

Ek2  W&H > 109 ?   Ek2  W&H > 109 ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ek2  W&H > 109 ?
    P
    Many

Hi Mac,
    are you going for a W&H because of the flaw at the top of the cross?
    I am not sure it is as the rest of the beading on your piece is not a match.
    I'll have a look and see if I have anything with that flattened top bead in my files.

All the best
    Doug

?

Hi Doug,

I,m just going by what was said on WAF by one members opinion, i am a noob when it comes to try to identify unmarked EKs, this is why i ask people who know what to look for to be very honest.

Thanks Mac 66.

I have had a look at the EK database for the unmarked and marked crosses Mac and sure enough the only one I can find witha flawed top arm is an unmarked 109 but on close comparison the rest of the beading doesn't match.
    Saying that even the flaw isn't a match as yours seems to extend all the way towards the point.
    I have tried looking at the inner angles of the cross to see if I could find anything similar but failed....miserably.

I wonder if it has been repaired and the flattening is due to where the cross has been clamped?

Cheers
    Doug

?

Hi Doug,

Many Thanks for your time & effort, appreciated

maybe this one will be a bit of a mystery

on close inspection using my loupe it does not look repaired or messed about with in any way .

Best Mac 66.

Hi Mac,
    here are some pictures...taken under the fair use policy.
    The first one: A 109 with packet.

Ek2  W&H > 109 ?

Next a couple of crosses that are declared to be a 109 Walter & Henleins by the EK collecting fraternity.
    I do see a lot of similarities with your cross.
    There are apparently two types of frame for the W&H crosses and I think yours would be considered to be the 1st type.
    Ek2  W&H > 109 ?Ek2  W&H > 109 ?

Ek2  W&H > 109 ?Ek2  W&H > 109 ?

Hope this helps
    All the best
    Doug

?

Doug, thanks for posting the pix for comparison

Mine looks very similar to the 1st frame type, even down to the dust in the core

Best Mac 66.