Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

EK2 Wachtler & Lange

Article about: Here is my latest maker marked 100, it joins my two other W&Ls Hope you like them Nick

Default EK2 Wachtler & Lange

Here is my latest maker marked 100, it joins my two other W&Ls

Hope you like them

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK2 Wachtler & Lange   EK2 Wachtler & Lange  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK2 Wachtler & Lange
    P
    Many

Default Re: EK2 Wachtler & Lange

and her two sisters
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK2 Wachtler & Lange  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

You really can't help but love the condition W&L EKs can be found in. This maker really placed an emphasis on the finish of their wares and pride in their product. They definitely had the frosting process down to a fine art which is something we collectors today can be very grateful for.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

very nice nick i have yet to find a mint one and you have three

Thanks for your comments guys!

Adrian, what did they do differently in the frosting process?

Nick

?

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    Adrian, what did they do differently in the frosting process?
    They did it better that's for sure! I'm not exactly sure to be honest. There is some research being done at the moment that might give us some answers.
    Obviously they perfected the technique of getting the frosting to stick very well and to last. I believe they used the Rhodium dip method where the frames were immersed in a dip and then the frame flanges were burnished to a shine.
    If you look at your examples I expect you will find traces of frosting on the edges of the frame, the hump on the top edge and also on the ribbon ring. This shows that the whole frame would've been covered with the frosting and only the flat parts of the frame were cleaned, hence the traces on the parts I mention above.
    Whatever they did - it worked better than most other makers.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Nice one Nick.
    Obviously getting better Ek2s than me!

Very beautiful EK2´s That is what I call mint condition.

?

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    They did it better that's for sure! I'm not exactly sure to be honest. There is some research being done at the moment that might give us some answers.
    Obviously they perfected the technique of getting the frosting to stick very well and to last. I believe they used the Rhodium dip method where the frames were immersed in a dip and then the frame flanges were burnished to a shine.
    If you look at your examples I expect you will find traces of frosting on the edges of the frame, the hump on the top edge and also on the ribbon ring. This shows that the whole frame would've been covered with the frosting and only the flat parts of the frame were cleaned, hence the traces on the parts I mention above.
    Whatever they did - it worked better than most other makers.
    Very interesting!
    Now I have to look at all my W&L's again!

Quote by Snni View Post
    Very interesting!
    Now I have to look at all my W&L's again!
    Yor W&Ls are lovely Sonny

Nick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast