Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

EK2nd class button hole

Article about: Hi, I saw this EK2 button and couldn't resist it. I think it's really nice. Does anyone know what tunic this would've been displayed on please? Cheers, Jay.

Default Re: EK2nd class button hole

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    Meanwhile - has anyone got a period image of a TR buttonhole being worn? If you have, please post it.
    Here's the only one I have; looks to be the 1914/18 Ehrenkreuz with Swords. Interestingly, he is also wearing the ribbon of the Kriegsverdienstmedaille in his buttonhole, military-style.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK2nd class button hole  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK2nd class button hole
    P
    Many

Great buttons guys..

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Here's the only one I have; looks to be the 1914/18 Ehrenkreuz with Swords. Interestingly, he is also wearing the ribbon of the Kriegsverdienstmedaille in his buttonhole, military-style.
    Thank you for posting the photo! Strange he is wearing a buttonhole and the KVM ribbon as he is, I guess he only had one buttonhole, two awards and this was the only method he could find to wear both at the time?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks for all the great info guys

Adrian and Gents, here as promised (I have been on holiday for the last 2 weeks) photographs of my Husaren Attilla, a Degenfahnrich (Senior Regimental Officer Cadet) interim Attila (off duty/undress tunic) from the " Husaren-Regt. von Zieten (Brandenburgisches) Nr.3 (Rathenow) III Armee Korps", showing its unique EK II class ribbon attachment, the Attila tunic having no traditional buttonhole in which to fasten/sew a ribbon, so a pinback version of the buttonhole device was worn pinned to the braid at the second toggle button, this pinback device would also be worn on a civilian jacket lapel. Also included is a period photograph showing this method of ribbon display albeit on a field grey Attila. I will be putting a full description of the tunic and more photographs on the Imperial forum in the next few days.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK2nd class button hole   EK2nd class button hole  

?

Hi Steve and welcome back, interesting photo. I notice there is a row of loops just below the top braid on the wearers left side, presumably for a ribbonbar? Would the EK2 be represented among these medals? If so, why the need for a seperate ribbon?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Adrian, yes the field grey attilla the chap is wearing in the photo is sporting loops for a bar, regulations permitted the wearing of full ribbon bars and awards on the undress tunic (Interim) for walking out, off duty, church parades etc...this also applied to both the Gala and Pelisse Attila tunics (Husaren officers had the choice of four tunics/Attilas to wear depending on circumstances), but as the field grey Attila in the photo is a wartime service tunic EK awards would be worn as on any other branch of service tunics, his ribbon bar being worn only on parades (the EK II device would then I assume be removed) regulations were somewhat flouted during wartime.
    Prost ! Steve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2