MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

EKII for opinions

Article about: What do you all think of these two? Is the two ends of the ribbon ring not meeting a problem?

Default Re: EKII for opinions

Quote by Adrian View Post
    The frame is a Souval, the core has a fat swastika and no dipping three which leads me to think post war made.
    Adrian, correct me if I am wrong but doesnt Souval have the fattest of all swastikas?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EKII for opinions
    P
    Many

?

That is true Nick but the fat swastika and non dipping three combination is what is making me wary. Hopefully Fabri will stop by and give his thoughts.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

What does Souval mean?? Terry.

Hi Terry, Rudolf Souval was an awards maker out of Vienna.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Tango View Post
    What does Souval mean?? Terry.
    Rudolf Souval of Vienna is the maker of this cross Terry.

After the war this company took advantage of its location in Austria which had no prohibition on making the same awards from its same production dies, up until 1970!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Rudolf Souval of Vienna is the maker of this cross Terry.

After the war this company took advantage of its location in Austria which had no prohibition on making the same awards from its same production dies, up until 1970!

Nick
    Therefore, Souval awards are not as easily put into real or fake, wartime or postwar categories. Because of their continuation of production after May 1945 it is hard to tell when an award was made. For example if they made a badge in April 1945 and another exactly the same in June 1945 how would you know the difference? One was made during the war and one after so the latter made piece could be called a fake/reproduction or whatever you wish to call it yet it will still retain all the attributes of a wartime made piece. Seventy years on - how can we tell?
    Souval's production methods changed over time since the end of the war and some of their products are easy to tell as being postwar made due to this. As collectors, the problem is identifying production from the years immediately after the war from that during the war.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Cool thanks guys.. i learn more each day, whether it stays in is another matter but im trying lol....Ive looked at the recommded site about the Ritterkreuz des eisernen kreuzes, loads of info on there so thanks!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2