MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Fake ek1 being sold as an origional

Article about: Just spoted this cross which doesnt like right at all! also i dont think the maker mark L/17 even exists. Ive added the pics below also the link to the other TR items being sold. Cheers Rory

?

Default Re: Fake ek1 being sold as an origional

Quote by rory View Post
    Hello guys yes have a look my main area of study is eks at the moment, so im not too sure on the other badges etc. but i saw a few with some red flags, like one of the spanges and one kvk1 with swords. So thats enough to put me off all together.

Cheers

Rory
    Which KVK1 has the red flags Rory?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake ek1 being sold as an origional
    P
    Many

?

There is treasure buried in there though guys.

I've got the very rare and minty condition cased L/53 Hymmen Minesweeper reserved with my name on it.......

Expensive - yes.

But find me another..........

You just need to 'know your onions' when buying from that site. There are many good items as Adrian says

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

I had hundreds Adrian!!!! I had that many I just threw them all out!!! "only joking" of course....Terry

?

hello Adrian below is the link to the one i thought looked a bit off to me, it took me a while to find it but i only had a quick look though. I notice also a few items are gone?. I noticed that minesweeper badge it looked as if i could blind you with its finish!

And also one of the clasps, the edges of its dates were touching the border i heard that was a sig of a fake.

Cheers

Rory

War Merit Cross 1st class with swords zinc with brass pin marked... :: German Third Reich :: World Medals and Decorations :: Liverpool Medals Ltd :: World Military Medals :: Medals for Sale

?

Quote by rory View Post
    hello Adrian below is the link to the one i thought looked a bit off to me, it took me a while to find it but i only had a quick look though. I notice also a few items are gone?. I noticed that minesweeper badge it looked as if i could blind you with its finish!

And also one of the clasps, the edges of its dates were touching the border i heard that was a sig of a fake.

Cheers

Rory
    I don't see anything wrong from the obverse shot, it looks like a typical zincer with the finish being absorbed into the base metal although there is some still left.

There is a Floch fake for sale on the site too, you can see it here. And the photos for posterity.......

**EDIT**

The photos have obviously disappeared and the link is now showing an original EK1
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake ek1 being sold as an origional   Fake ek1 being sold as an origional  

Last edited by Adrian; 07-29-2012 at 07:11 AM.

?

Adrian thanks for the heads up i wouldnt have been able to spot that flock ek1. i can only tell a flock from the reverse (small cut out on the top of the pin).

Also the reason i thought the kvk1 with swords was bad was because of the rough edges. The arms look to have been cut out from a mold and also on the tips of the arms there is excess metal sticking out. As seen on metal gates from the mold.

Also the fact that they only supply a frontal pic and no reverse, which is how i mainly spot a fake as its easier imo. So i think its better to be safe if your unsure, seeing as there are some bad items on the site.

Cheers

Rory

?

Quote by rory View Post
    So i think its better to be safe if your unsure, seeing as there are some bad items on the site.
    No problems with your logic there Rory. If in doubt - don't. Or at least ask the question.

?

Definatly Adrian a good moto for this area of collecting, best to study the area of your interest too as you will always learn something different especially on the forum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2