Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fake EK1 - L15

Article about: I just wanted to post this fake EK1 for reference. It has mm L15 on the pin. I removed the fake 'patina'. It is magnetic, and appears to be of 3-piece construction.

Default Fake EK1 - L15

I just wanted to post this fake EK1 for reference. It has mm L15 on the pin. I removed the fake 'patina'. It is magnetic, and appears to be of 3-piece construction.

Fake EK1 - L15Fake EK1 - L15Fake EK1 - L15

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake EK1 - L15
    P
    Many

Default Re: Fake EK1 - L15

Roger thanks for posting as this will help our database for the future...

is this a Souval made piece?

I don't know who made it, just that it is a reproduction. It had a lot of some kind of stuff applied to it to make it look old, a 'fake patina' if you will. Simichrome took it off with a bit of rubbing. As it is a repro I didn't see the need for it to look old. Something like this should really dress appropriately for its age.

Got to love the simichrome works very well and thanks again...

It looks like a Souval

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Agreed, a Souval frame with an Otto Schickle LDO stamp...not good.

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Agreed, a Souval frame with an Otto Schickle LDO stamp...not good.
    Otto Schickle marked their crosses L/15 not L15. It was thought until recently that these crosses were made by Friedrich Orth hence the L15 mark. However, according to the EKI book by George Stimson and Dietrich Maerz who apparently uncovered the information, all crosses marked L15 and thought to be Orth are post war reprodutions as are Souval made crosses marked the same way.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

In this case personally I don't agree with the autors, in my opinion there are L15 and L15.
    There are L15 with 100% non contemporary parts, there are L15 with all contemporary parts.

?

Quote by fabri View Post
    In this case personally I don't agree with the autors, in my opinion there are L15 and L15.
    There are L15 with 100% non contemporary parts, there are L15 with all contemporary parts.
    Do you have a copy of the book Fabri? Is there any further information as to who the 'mystery maker' of L15 crosses is?
    I must admit I'm curious about it and what further evidence there is to support the claims in the book (I don't have a copy) that I've read on other forums.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast