Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Finally got my remaining crosses out of the box!!

Article about: Hello All, For a long time I have been on the lookout for a nice, small antique display case to house my crosses. And as I prefer cased examples, a shadow box was out of the question. My oth

@ Aleksander P, Nathan362, SteveR, Pryo, Wagriff, rbminis, AZPhil, bronkie, Kevin Grootaers, Nick Hessens, Scout & ruddersrangers44 -

Many thanks to each of you for all of your kind comments.

Might I ask, how come you dont care for DKs? (not that its any of my business, I just happen to like them myself).
    @ Scout:
    TBH, I find the large and very obvious swastika slightly offputting. For a high military award I feel it is too political looking - IMO it looks much more a nazi award than one for bravery. And after reading that old description of it as "a party badge for the near-sighted" that is the first thing I think of when I see one!

I do like the construction of them and the use of the various materials - the gold, silver, red and high gloss black enamel work very well together visually, but design-wise I prefer the '57 version using the EK to replace the swastika. If only they were as finely made as the wartime version - ie. the same black enamel used on the EK rather than the paint.

....Just my thoughts on the subject.
    Thanks again for the kind words.

Regards - Danny

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finally got my remaining crosses out of the box!!
    P
    Many

IMO the very early examples are equal in quality to their TR counterpart, not to forget rarer and cheaper!

Finally got my remaining crosses out of the box!!Finally got my remaining crosses out of the box!!

?

Great display, it looks very nice.

Awesome display, definitely keep it as is.

Tom

?

Brilliant!!!!!!

Bloody brilliant!...

?

Quote by Danny70 View Post
    @ Scout:
    TBH, I find the large and very obvious swastika slightly offputting. For a high military award I feel it is too political looking - IMO it looks much more a nazi award than one for bravery. And after reading that old description of it as "a party badge for the near-sighted" that is the first thing I think of when I see one!

I do like the construction of them and the use of the various materials - the gold, silver, red and high gloss black enamel work very well together visually, but design-wise I prefer the '57 version using the EK to replace the swastika. If only they were as finely made as the wartime version - ie. the same black enamel used on the EK rather than the paint.

....Just my thoughts on the subject.
    Thanks again for the kind words.

Regards - Danny
    You touch upon some very good points and I find myself agreeing with you; very much an 'in-your-face' design.
    I'd forgotten about the nickname'party badge for the nearsighted,' thanks for reminding me. Made my day

Awesome display! Very nice!

@ Adam M, StuG III, rory, Gunny Hartmann, Wharfrat57, harryamb2

Thank you all for the positive comments, they are very much appreciated.
    Regards - Danny

P.S.
    @ Wharfrat57.... are you a Deadhead by any chance?

?

Fantastic display Danny!

Jim

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast