Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

First Medals- EK2.

Article about: Adrian, I have not. What's your thinking here? I can't say my experience means such a die flaw does not exist in an S&L by any stretch, but are you thinking S&L is a misattribution h

Default Re: First Medals- EK2.

Adrian, I have not.

What's your thinking here? I can't say my experience means such a die flaw does not exist in an S&L by any stretch, but are you thinking S&L is a misattribution here? Or just a cracked die?

There is a similar die flaw at the juncture between the right 12 o'clock arm and upper 3 0'clock arm.

at any rate, it's pretty damn distinctive, isn't it?

probably not having seen it before is due to gaps in my own experience.

i have to say i really like this cross. it's interesting and with the kind of finish to the core i really go for.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First Medals- EK2.
    P
    Many

?

I'm not sure to be honest. I've never seen an S&L type frame with this type of die flaw before. Don't forget, this type of frame was used by several manufacturers so we should see a few more with the flaws but I can't remember it.
    The rounded outer corners of the frame are unusual for an S&L type frame too. This extent of rounding is usually attributed to the maker '123' - Beck Hassinger & Co but I'm struggling to match the other frame details.

It's original but a puzzler.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Trust me to get one that's a mystery!

Glad to hear It's still possibly an original.

Tzipi

personally i wouldn't call it "possibly" original. this IS an original EKII.

please don't take my musings about an odd feature as casting doubts on its originality. i am right there with Adrian about this die flaw. i can't place it. i think members will agree with me that discussing it here has nothing to do with the originality of this cross.

to the contrary, this die flaw makes the cross MORE interesting and not LESS.

it is a good cross. just a very interesting one which, at the moment, an interesting feature which someone may or may not be able to shed some light on for us. i have not personally seen this, but someone may come along who has.

i see what you mean, Adrian, about the corners. they are somewhat reminiscent of those Beck, Hassinger & Co. frames.

strange.

i look forward to seeing further thoughts on this one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3