Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Für raub und morder - 1941

Article about: I found this cross and I would love lissen your opinion about this one. This is made by Russian Army and is a propaganda cross anti-German soldier. The inscription "Für raub und morder&

?

Default Re: Für raub und morder - 1941

If someone is coming to Reichterstohffen ( I hope i spelled it right) I can bring it with me!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Für raub und morder - 1941
    P
    Many

I have no knowledge of the history of these pieces but I agree with this.
    To quote Adrian
    Quote:
    If the Russians made these crosses, wouldn't they all be identical?
    The same frames?
    The same cores?
    Why spend the time producing an EK1 and EK2?
    Who exactly were the crosses given to?
    Why were so few made?
    If time and trouble was taken to make these crosses why not make thousands?
    Is it logical to think that under wartime conditions, the Russians would make a perfect example of a German made EK1 down to the hardware setup on the back?
    The story goes that these were made during the siege of Leningrad. Seriously..... under these terrible siege conditions, the Russians managed to produce the dies and tools to make 500 'Für raub und mord' EKs........? They had nothing else to do? Stranger things have happened but is that really believable?

I feel that if they were Soviet made then there would only be one or two manufacurer's and thousands would have been mass produced.Why would the Russians have gone to such measures as suggested when what they were good at was simple design and mass production.
    Just my thoughts as I say I have no real knowledge of this particular cross or their history.
    Cheers all
    Last edited by Thanatos; 12-31-2011 at 12:43 PM. Reason: additional text

?

Probably they were just readpting german crosses, it would be logical. They were left on dead german soldiers or thrown on theyr position. No mass production couse produced only in one city and surelly using what thay could find there and first hand german material was surelly available.

Hi Tagete,
    But why would they bother,The propaganda value would not be worth the effort I would'nt think.
    If it was a propaganda exercise then it failed because we would not be debating this right now.
    Just my opinion
    All the best mate
    Dave
    Last edited by Thanatos; 12-31-2011 at 12:54 PM. Reason: spelling

?

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Hi Tagete,
    But why would they bother,The propaganda value would not be worth the effort I would'nt think.
    If it was a propaganda exercise then it failed because we would not be debating this right now.
    Just my opinion
    All the best mate
    Dave
    Hi Dave,
    In part what you are saying is correct, but if that really happened I would not see it as a failure... just as spit in the ocean! A small unconsidered thing compared to bigger and better planned one!

Regards

Massimo

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5