Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Spange EK 1 Iron Cross + Case + BOX! MAYER Horzheim maker?

Article about: I just acquired this beautiful spange and case and box! I bought it with a huge lot of photos and other medals and documents. The guy was in the 2nd Armored Division and his Good Conduct Med

Default German Spange EK 1 Iron Cross + Case + BOX! MAYER Horzheim maker?

I just acquired this beautiful spange and case and box! I bought it with a huge lot of photos and other medals and documents. The guy was in the 2nd Armored Division and his Good Conduct Medal is named so I will try to do research on the man himself. This was included in the deal. I have a good feeling about this, but wanted to post it to get other opinions. The spange is not marked, but the box is...B H Mayer? Horzheim. Is this the maker or did they just make the box? The box has a tear, but the case and spange are in beautiful condition. thanks and look forward to the replies! German Spange EK 1 Iron Cross + Case + BOX! MAYER Horzheim maker?German Spange EK 1 Iron Cross + Case + BOX! MAYER Horzheim maker?German Spange EK 1 Iron Cross + Case + BOX! MAYER Horzheim maker?German Spange EK 1 Iron Cross + Case + BOX! MAYER Horzheim maker?German Spange EK 1 Iron Cross + Case + BOX! MAYER Horzheim maker?German Spange EK 1 Iron Cross + Case + BOX! MAYER Horzheim maker?German Spange EK 1 Iron Cross + Case + BOX! MAYER Horzheim maker?German Spange EK 1 Iron Cross + Case + BOX! MAYER Horzheim maker?German Spange EK 1 Iron Cross + Case + BOX! MAYER Horzheim maker?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Spange EK 1 Iron Cross + Case + BOX! MAYER Horzheim maker?
    P
    Many

So far, it looks like a good B.H. Mayer EK I spange to me.
    I really don't study these, but I like what I see so far. Some closer photos might help some of the other members who have more knowledge in this field.
    Nice catch!
    Ralph.
    P.S. And that would Pforzheim.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    So far, it looks like a good B.H. Mayer EK I spange to me.
    I really don't study these, but I like what I see so far. Some closer photos might help some of the other members who have more knowledge in this field.
    Nice catch!
    Ralph.
    P.S. And that would Pforzheim.
    I agree with Ralph.

I am not too familiar with these spanges but i like what i see here,and the reverse hardware looks to be of typical Pfortzheim production.

Regards,Martin.

It's identical to one of the 'Russian Horde' spanges. A footlocker was found containing stone mint EK1's and spanges nearly all by Mayer IIRC a few years back in 1999, they originated from a German infantry division so the story goes.

The spange although unmarked is a Mayer design and is in mint condition, plus it's in the rectangular push button case and has the outer Mayer carboard slip, just like the horde finds. I wonder if it is one from that source and it's been paired with the other pieces along with the photo's, docs and other medals? Not an uncommon practice in this game these days.

A great original spange with all the fixin's imo.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I don't know about the Russian Hordes....all I know is that all of this came from a vets estate sale after he passed and it is in central Missouri....a long way from Russia. But, that's not to say it couldn't have happened. There was a Merit cross with swords, civilian merit cross, EK2 ribbon, 2nd armored patches, named good conduct medal, TONS and TONS of pictures and a silk 'souvenir' from Belgium that has hand written towns names' in Germany, Belgium, and France. I haven't done all the research yet, but I would bet those towns are the ones he went through while in the 2nd Armored Division.

What I was really getting at was the point that in my opinion it is a unmarked spange by Mayer in it's original case and packaging, thus trying to answer your original request "...is this the maker or did they just make the box?" The rest is just lightweight supposition on my part old fruit.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Gotcha! Thank you.

A lovely set and indeed a BH Mayer

Here is my example (without carton sadly)

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images German Spange EK 1 Iron Cross + Case + BOX! MAYER Horzheim maker?  German Spange EK 1 Iron Cross + Case + BOX! MAYER Horzheim maker?  German Spange EK 1 Iron Cross + Case + BOX! MAYER Horzheim maker? 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

and mine (also sans carton) but with thinner needle pin.

German Spange EK 1 Iron Cross + Case + BOX! MAYER Horzheim maker?German Spange EK 1 Iron Cross + Case + BOX! MAYER Horzheim maker?

a beautiful set and slip,I wished I had keep mine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast