Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Godet Eisernes Kreuz with Wiederholungsspange

Article about: Although I have two examples of WHS already (a Prinzen and a normal size) I had been on the lookout for an Imperial EK2 with the WHS device on the ribbon. Look no further says I, for I now h

Ribbon could really be replacement and not the genuine one, but in my opinion that doesnt matter at all. I am sure that many will disagree with me, but I have never cared for originality of the ribbons and to be quite honest it is not so easy to determine if some ribbon is original or not, although there are some ways to do that, but none of them is not one hundred percent reliable.

Best regards,
    Franko

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Godet Eisernes Kreuz with Wiederholungsspange
    P
    Many

Quote by Franjo Vuk View Post
    to be quite honest it is not so easy to determine if some ribbon is original or not, although there are some ways to do that, but none of them is not one hundred percent reliable.

Best regards,
    Franko
    Sorry but I disagree.
    There are ways to determine if ribbons are of the period but you need to study them to do so.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

As far as I know that ways can not be considered as absolutely confident just as I wrote, but maybe I am wrong regarding that, of course. Anyhow originality of ribbons is not important for me at all.

Best regards,
    Franko

TWS
    ?

Very nice!

Quote by Franjo Vuk View Post
    Ribbon could really be replacement and not the genuine one, but in my opinion that doesnt matter at all. I am sure that many will disagree with me, but I have never cared for originality of the ribbons and to be quite honest it is not so easy to determine if some ribbon is original or not, although there are some ways to do that, but none of them is not one hundred percent reliable.

Best regards,
    Franko
    Hi Franko,

I believe in cases like this one the originality of the ribbon does matter - If I were purchasing this combination, I would be a lot happier to know that they pieces were not 'put together' but have been a pair belonging to the same soldier.

For example, I have a set of the same combination - Godet EK2 and (what I believe to be) a Ziemer und Sohne Wiederholungsspange. However, I purchased these separately and combined them for display purposes. I know that they are not a genuine pairing and this does IMO detract from their intrinsic value. So, if the OP's combo (both cross and spange are beauties btw) does have a repro ribbon, then the chances of these being a put-together are far, far higher.

As to your thoughts about ribbons in general, I know that some people regularly add an original period ribbon to a naked cross without concern that it is not the ribbon with which the cross was issued, and I confess I have done this myself. BUT, adding a repro ribbon? especially to a beautiful pair like this? To me that is a shame.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Regards - Danny

Godet Eisernes Kreuz with Wiederholungsspange

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2