Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

help with ek 2 maker

Article about: hello i have bought this ek2 it will be my sixth second class and i just wanted to know for sure who the maker is so that i dont end up with two of the same maker i think it may be a 137? th

?

Default help with ek 2 maker

hello i have bought this ek2 it will be my sixth second class and i just wanted to know for sure who the maker is so that i dont end up with two of the same maker i think it may be a 137?

the stamp on the ring doesnt really help although the middle number looks like a three

thanks in advance

rory
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture help with ek 2 maker   help with ek 2 maker  

help with ek 2 maker  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement help with ek 2 maker
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: help with ek 2 maker

Looks like a fine J.H.Werner '137' to me.

?

thanks i must be getting better at my ek recognition it can be hard

rory

I could be a '123' imo

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

I genuinely can't make out that makers mark from the pic. '137' marks are normally easy to read and are in incuse relief. '123' marks can be in incuse relief or a direct stamp. The thing that draws me away from the cross being a '123' is the corners of the frame are pointed, '123' corners are distinctly rounded. Can anyone post their '137' for comparison please? I'm away from home at the moment so can't help much right now.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Here is my marked '137' and yes you guys are correct

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images help with ek 2 maker  help with ek 2 maker 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Adrian is correct amout the maker mark, I have only ever seen clear , crisp marks on these crosses

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images help with ek 2 maker 

?

Thanks Nick, I might be wrong because I can't see them very well but do the dates match a '137'? The '3's look different to me.......?

Nick, the ribbon with your cross doesn't look right to me, is it a straight edge or are there defined loops?
    Is that makers mark pic from my cross?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Yes Adrian the dates seem to match. Here is a better pic of Werner's dates
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture help with ek 2 maker   help with ek 2 maker  

?

thanks for the interest guys i was comparing the cross to the example on wehrmacht awards i now notice the rounded corners which mine doesnt have but the mm is defietly a stamp unlike the example nick has shown?

i have to say this can be very confusing is there a site for ek2s like the one for ek1s on the usefull links section?

i will update this with better pics when i get home again

cheers rory

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast