Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help w/ EK1

Article about: Hi Nick the L/11 stamp on your EKI is the early type. The boxed L/11 was used after that one until end of war. In the true Deumer marked some crosses on pin too, with the boxed L/11 (rare) a

?

Default Help w/ EK1

A vet gave me his EK1 when I was a kid. I have just now examined it closely and found a mark that looks like "L/11". Any info on this EK1 would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help w/ EK1   Help w/ EK1  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help w/ EK1
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Help w/ EK1

Hello Pablo and thank you for posting your EK.

L/11 is the LDO code for Wilhelm Deumer, their PKZ code was '3'. You can find out more by looking at the pinned thread about makers numbers and codes at the top of the forum.
    From the photos you've provided it looks like a good original EK1 and case. Can you post some more photos please? It would be good to see some straight on front and back shots of the cross in natural light so we can make out the details on the front and also the hinge and pin.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Light worn cond. but it seems a nice set

So Deumer used two different stamps to mark thier EK1s ? Is one a later stamp?

Here is my example
    Attached Images Attached Images Help w/ EK1 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Hello Pablo and thank you for posting your EK.

L/11 is the LDO code for Wilhelm Deumer, their PKZ code was '3'. You can find out more by looking at the pinned thread about makers numbers and codes at the top of the forum.
    From the photos you've provided it looks like a good original EK1 and case. Can you post some more photos please? It would be good to see some straight on front and back shots of the cross in natural light so we can make out the details on the front and also the hinge and pin.
    Thanks Adrian. Here are some more photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help w/ EK1   Help w/ EK1  

Help w/ EK1  

?

It's a nice set. When you say 'a vet gave me his EK1', was the vet German or American?

?

It's a nice set. When you say 'a vet gave me his EK1', was the vet German or American?
    Thanks Adrian. He was German and was a friend of my moms. He was involved in the Russian campaign. I met him when I was in my early teens. He showed me his bullet wounds, entrance and exit wounds in his chest and back. He also gave me a silver wound badge that I assume resulted from this incident. He told me that he sliced a Russian down the middle with his bayonet. This guy was pretty authentic! His stories were fascinating.... to say the least.

?

It must've been great as an early teenager to meet someone like this who had plenty of stories to tell in a graphic way and had the scars to prove it! I know I would've been fascinated. Even better that you got his awards, I believe this type of acquisition means so much more than the normal sterile way of buying things over the internet etc.

Agreed adrian, it some much better to buy or get stuff from the veteran himself. When it comes from dealers there no story behind the item, just that it was awarded at one time or another.

I got a vet bring back Luger, and one of my favorite pieces.

?

It must've been great as an early teenager to meet someone like this who had plenty of stories to tell in a graphic way and had the scars to prove it! I know I would've been fascinated. Even better that you got his awards, I believe this type of acquisition means so much more than the normal sterile way of buying things over the internet etc.
    I was totally mesmerized, but did not know much about the war to ask interesting questions? If only I could go back and have a more in-depth conversation. I remember his name as Herr Hauf. I doubt he is still around, but will ask my mom.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast