Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

How Did You Start Collecting EKs

Article about: I also have a nice one coming from Danny! Cheers |<

Default Re: How Did You Start Collecting EKs

I also have a nice one coming from Danny!
    Cheers
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How Did You Start Collecting EKs
    P
    Many

?

At the end of the day, there is no right or wrong way to go about collecting, it's up to each individual collector to decide what makes the happy and what they decide to spend their money on. To some, a comprehensive collection of a particular award is how they choose to go, for others, a representative example of each award suits their tastes better.
    As long as the individual collector is happy with what they choose to buy and they feel content looking at their collection then you can't go wrong!
    I always advise new collectors to think about what it is they want to collect and base it upon personal feelings and what will make them happy rather than anything else. Just because someone has got a great collection of whatever, doesn't mean you have to and you shouldn't compete to get something better.
    As one forum member says in his signature, "Fellow collectors are NOT adversaries to be bested!". Wise words!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

My collection started about 25 years ago after my father passed away. I received an EK II and a Panzerkampf Abzeichen from my mother that had been awarded to my father. I started to collect a few others awards that he had earned, but were no longer with the two that i received. I then received one as a gift from a friend at work. I joined a forum and saw the collections of other members and found a real liking of this award. I started to see some differences in the manufacturing of them and the quality of some of the makers. The rest, as they say, is history.
    How Did You Start Collecting EKs
    Shortly after I received my father's awards, I also received a number of photographs of family members in their uniforms. My objective then became to aquire awards and insignia that they would have worn or received. This is some of my collection as it stands today.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How Did You Start Collecting EKs   How Did You Start Collecting EKs  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I started with a very salty Souval 2 years ago, and soon I added many more. There is around 85-90 EK2's in the collection now.
    But lately I started to slow down a bit, and I think I will let some of my doubles go in the near future.

Hi

Great replies guys!

Its always intresting to find out the story behind peoples collections!

Thanks

Cameron

Hi

Thats an incredible collection rbminis!

Your farther must have been a very brave man!

Thanks

Cameron

Hi

Nick your collection is oustanding!

Thanks

Cameron

I always wanted some TR medals in my collection, but I didn't really know wich kind to choose. It's when I joined the forum I read somewhere, I think it was Nick that posted this, that every TR collection should have an EK. So I made my decision and bought my first EK by W&L. I don't know what happened next, but now I just can't stop collecting them anymore. They're so nice.............

Here is my EK collection, that I've been putting together at my own pace.

Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How Did You Start Collecting EKs  

Quote by Ingrid Patrouille View Post
    I always wanted some TR medals in my collection, but I didn't really know wich kind to choose. It's when I joined the forum I read somewhere, I think it was Nick that posted this, that every TR collection should have an EK. So I made my decision and bought my first EK by W&L. I don't know what happened next, but now I just can't stop collecting them anymore. They're so nice.............

Here is my EK collection, that I've been putting together at my own pace.

Regards
    Very nice Ingrid!
    It has also been said, "Collecting EK's can be very addicting". I really like the tri-fold.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Very nice Ingrid!
    It has also been said, "Collecting EK's can be very addicting". I really like the tri-fold.
    Ralph.
    Thanks Ralph. Your display is fabulous!

Regards

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast