Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How Hollywood makes a Reproduction ritterkruz

Article about: I bought this last year and it was an actual reproduction prop piece used in the production of the movie Hellboy by the character Karl Ruprecht Kroenen it was actually screen used (I have in

Default How Hollywood makes a Reproduction ritterkruz

I bought this last year and it was an actual reproduction prop piece used in the production of the movie Hellboy by the character Karl Ruprecht Kroenen it was actually screen used (I have included a pic of the scene in which it was used) take a look and see how it compares to other repros

Heres the pic of this particular knights cross in use from the movie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How Hollywood makes a Reproduction ritterkruz
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: How Hollywood makes a Reproduction ritterkruz

That is a great item....for a movie prop, it's not badly detailed....

I reckon it could be just one of the many repros out there that they bought and used

Cool cross, Richtofen !

Surprisingly, this is not a very good repro, but likely ok for a movie production.
    Due to it's association with the Hellboy film, it will definitely be worth
    a lot more than a 'regular' Knights Cross copy.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

It is what it is - a repro. If you collect movie memorabilia it's fine but in terms of comparing it to other repros, it is just another.

It certainly won't stand up to any close scrutiny by TR collectors but the film wasn't aimed at our community so it served it's purpose as a visual prop in a fantasy film. (I haven't seen the movie so I'm only guessing the last.)

I agree with Rob, it is probably a bought item as opposed to a manufactured item by Hollywood. There are so many repro RKs out there is would be much cheaper to buy one rather than get the studios to make one.

Enjoy it for what it is!

Unless it's a repro of a film repro which therefore makes it a fake repro and not a genuine repro..............

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Cheesy, but interesting none the less.

?

It's worth more than the fake visor he's wearing
    Thanks for showing!!

Is he wearing a Leather uniform under a Leather trench coat? No wonder he's from Hell...must be Hot...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Good repro or bad repro , still a cool piece, despite the really bad detailing. I would have it as a curiosity piece but not in my TR collection.

?

Talking about Movie props, I watched "Stalag 17" the other day, real M16 helmets being used and from what I could tell there were some very good transitionals with what looked like genuine decals, apart from this there is a company I used to deal with that supplied firearms to all the major films etc, there were three cubby holes that were side by side, inside each was filled with helmets, English, german, Japanese and some other types, among them were genuine FJ helmets , although they rarely used them on films unless specifically asked for, when taken onto film sets quite a lot never found there way back, and the company never used to bat an eyelid, I used to have a grand time sorting through all the helmets, with various decals, original liners, chin straps , camos, it was my little treat every time i was there, Oh How I used to regret being honest

I had a dummy M1 Garand used in The Pacific mini-series. It was 1:1 in terms of size, and from a distance it looked like the real thing. In hand, it had pretty good heft, but it was made out of molded dense foam rubber and painted. No moving parts. Still, I had a lot of people fooled.

I sold it to fund the purchase of a real WWII rifle that took part in real WWII.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast