Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

how much would a Ritterkreuz cost?

Article about: how much are the knights cross selling for ,i really do love the ironcross EK1 EK2 but the knights cross really is something els i hope to own one someday soon maybe, how much are they selli

Awarded would, indeed, be the key word. Who knows how many were never issued and simply sat somewhere in a cabinet. Might as well be a paperweight, in that case. History that never happened...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement how much would a Ritterkreuz cost?
    P
    Many

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Awarded would, indeed, be the key word. Who knows how many were never issued and simply sat somewhere in a cabinet. Might as well be a paperweight, in that case. History that never happened...
    BUT impossible to tell apart, if you are not 100% sure where "it started its life" :-/
    Mfg
    Marc

Spooky, hey? So...do you have a treasure that saw History? Or do you have a fancy ornament that never saw the outside of a desk drawer? Or maybe even one that was all assembled with left over factory parts that never even Made it to the military to begin with? Makes you think when you're considering dropping 10 Grand on one....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

And its not even an early core!

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Was there ever such a thing as a miniature Ritterkreuz version on ribbon (not 1957)? Just asking because I seem to remember Weitze adding one described as such not too long back --- but I was unable to come up with any more info at the time.
    Yes.

I fact, ribbon bows mith miniature medals/crosses as pendants for wear on the lapel of civilian suits were very popular and available for many different decorations.

Eventually, the manufacture of miniatures mounted for this method of wear was restricted to certain neck decorations only. After that, the only Third Reich-period decorations to be worn in this manner were the Knight's Crosses of the Iron Cross and the War Merit Cross.

Thank you very much for that info, Andreas! Would these miniatures only have been available for those actually awarded the Ritterkreuz?

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Thank you very much for that info, Andreas! Would these miniatures only have been available for those actually awarded the Ritterkreuz?
    Any and all decorations (including miniatures, lapel bows, ribbon bars etc.) were only available to those who had been awarded them. It would have been illegal for a retailer to sell them without proof by the customer that he was a rightful recipient of the decoration in question.

Ahh... what I thought and now I know.Thank you again! Seems to me, then, that these are a viable more affordable option in light of the very high prices for the full size examples. I wouldn't mind having one, at least

If I'm not mistaken, often recipients would have a second Ritterkreuz...One for daily wear with the unit and another kept at home for formal occasions...Saw one recently without ribbon for $7000...
    cheers,Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, often recipients would have a second Ritterkreuz...One for daily wear with the unit and another kept at home for formal occasions...
    That's right. Some even used an EK2 as a "field-wear Ritterkreuz", which was smaller and more easily replaced than an RK if it was damaged or lost.

It is worth noting that after a decree of 22 Oct. 1941, replacement RKs could only be be obtained through official channels and no more through retailers. This was an aftereffect of the remarkable affair of the fake RKT Adam Drays.

For German-speaking readers, see: https://www.frankenthal.de/sv_franke...am%20Drays%22/

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast