Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

how much would a Ritterkreuz cost?

Article about: how much are the knights cross selling for ,i really do love the ironcross EK1 EK2 but the knights cross really is something els i hope to own one someday soon maybe, how much are they selli

Selling back to a dealer will probably lose you 50%. Dealer prices change due to multiple factors: maker, markings, rarity, condition, provenance etc etc etc...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement how much would a Ritterkreuz cost?
    P
    Many

Collectables are almost never a good investment strategy unless you got it for Real cheap and are prepared to sit on it for decades. Better off playing the Stock Market.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

really you would lose that much, not that i would ever sell my collection,
    but you still want to buy at the right price, no one likes to over pay on anything, but 50% wow! the dealers are making alot of money
    is it like that with most awards?

50% is reasonable. A seller has many bills and costs to cover, so he certainly can't pay much more and not lose his shirt. Rent, advertising, gasoline, utilities-they all add up. It's not a business that the average guy can just start up and look to make mucho money. Unless you're in it for the long haul and jump in Big time-like Bill Shea at the Ruptured Duck, etc-you shouldn't expect to make good profits off it any more than a coin dealer or an antique business.
    William

i just did not realize they would make that much,
    so if a Knights Cross is £10,000 they could be making as much as £5,000 thats alot really seems like prices get pushed up alot over this then
    must be best to sell private

True..however, RK's do not exactly fly off their shelves. That's alot of money to have tied up in inventory for a long time. Many dealers do not want to deal in such high end items for this very reason. Selling privately, as you said, is usually a good idea in such cases.
    William

And if a dealer gets suckered on a fake RK (does happen), that's alot of Ostmedailles he has to move to make up the loss.

Quote by hassiman View Post
    I remember a famous photo taken a day or so after the fall of Berlin of two Soviet soldiers sitting amidst a huge pile of boxed Crosses on the steps of the Reichs Chancellory... Probably a few thousand of them of more....
    I remember that pic... A loooot of them there!! I can't find it right now though...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6