Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

IC 1st class Rudolf Souval, Wien, (with "hanging three" !)

Article about: Here´s an, (unmarked), heavilly worn Eisernes Kreuz Erster Klasse, maker: Rudolf Souval, Vienna Remarkable the "hanging 3" in the year ! I catched this IC at a flea market together

Default IC 1st class Rudolf Souval, Wien, (with "hanging three" !)

IC 1st class Rudolf Souval, Wien, (with "hanging three" !)IC 1st class Rudolf Souval, Wien, (with "hanging three" !)IC 1st class Rudolf Souval, Wien, (with "hanging three" !)IC 1st class Rudolf Souval, Wien, (with "hanging three" !)IC 1st class Rudolf Souval, Wien, (with "hanging three" !)Here´s an, (unmarked), heavilly worn Eisernes Kreuz Erster Klasse, maker: Rudolf Souval, Vienna

Remarkable the "hanging 3" in the year !

I catched this IC at a flea market together with the wedding photo of the soldier, (an Lt), dated 6th of Oct. 1944.
    The wedding image was shot in a photo studio in Enns, a lttle town in Upper Austria, (in the yrs. 1938 till 1945: Gau "Oberdonau").

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement IC 1st class Rudolf Souval, Wien, (with "hanging three" !)
    P
    Many

Default Re: IC 1st class Rudolf Souval, Wien, (with "hanging three" !)

A very nice example !!
    Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    A very nice example !!
    Nick
    Hi Reibert, in answer to your PM I thought I read somewhere that a hanging 3 on a Souval was a sign of a post war cross. I think I am maybe wrong though

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

As far as I'm aware, the dipping three on a Souval EK1 is accepted as original wartime manufacture. A dipping three on a Souval EK2 is a sign of post war manufacture.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    As far as I'm aware, the dipping three on a Souval EK1 is accepted as original wartime manufacture. A dipping three on a Souval EK2 is a sign of post war manufacture.
    Thx., Ade !

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    Thanks Adrian! Also applys to a Souval KC I believe

Nick