Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

I'm planning on ordering a 1939 EKII, is this one legit?

Article about: Originally I was planning to buy from the Classifieds here on the website, sadly, the seller has not responded and its been 5 days, so im ordering one from elsewhere at the cheapest costs (b

Default I'm planning on ordering a 1939 EKII, is this one legit?

Originally I was planning to buy from the Classifieds here on the website, sadly, the seller has not responded and its been 5 days, so im ordering one from elsewhere at the cheapest costs (but in OK condition). I found this one, 1939 Iron Cross, Second Class, with Original Ribbon, and I was wondering if it was authentic or not, also, how to spot fake medals, as I'm sort of new to the german ww2 scene
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I'm planning on ordering a 1939 EKII, is this one legit?   I'm planning on ordering a 1939 EKII, is this one legit?  

I'm planning on ordering a 1939 EKII, is this one legit?  
    Last edited by Adrian; 01-22-2014 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Photos uploaded.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I'm planning on ordering a 1939 EKII, is this one legit?
    P
    Many

I do not know who the maker is but I am pretty confident that it is original. Someone here will be able to tell you who made this cross.
    I would have no qualms about purchasing from John at germanwarbooty. I have picked up some items from him before.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

An original cross and a trustworthy dealer as well...I recommend studying the originals posted on the Forum and dedicated research of the particular awards you intend to collect...
    cheers, Glenn

I can't comment on this EK2, but to answer your question about spotting fakes, you can learn tons just by studying this forum. There are so many people here that can call a tough fake in one look. Just browse through previous threads, you can almost make it a game by making your own assumption then reading on to find the answer. Most of the time an explanation of why they think its fake is also given. Good luck in your hunt, hope you find one that makes you happy!

It's a fine original, and even better, it's an unmarked '60' Katz & Deyhle - a hard to find cross.

Regards - Danny

Original indeed !

Go for it !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

As mentioned, an original Katz & Deyhle EK2 from one of the better dealers out there.

I've uploaded the images to your post for reference. When the cross is sold, the link will be removed and therefore we would have a thread about a cross no-one can see.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

one to have.