Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Iron Cross First Class

Article about: I have just started collecting WW2 German medals and documents. I purchased an Iron Cross and when I received it, it appears to be a reproduction medal. Photos of the medal are shown on the

CTUrk3
    ?

Default Iron Cross First Class

I have just started collecting WW2 German medals and documents. I purchased an Iron Cross and when I received it, it appears to be a reproduction medal. Photos of the medal are shown on the web page listed below. Could I get an opinion from some of you who have much more experience than me.

Thank you
    Cliff

Original German Military Collectibles Original German Militaria For Sale German Military Antiques for Sale By Owner German Military Antiques Discount German Military Antiques

2. # ADS

Default Re: Iron Cross First Class

Please post some pictures or scans of your cross. The only Iron Cross in 1st Class I see on that site isn't even on the page you linked. . . What makes you think it is a reproduction? Is the cross you purchased the Imperial Iron Cross in 1st Class (1914) on that site?

CTUrk3
    ?

No, the item is a WW2 Iron Cross first Class, I clicked on the link below and it takes me to the page with the pictures of the iron cross I purchased. All of the Iron Crosses i see on line appear to have a flatten hook for the pin, this one is rounded

Original German Military Collectibles Original German Militaria For Sale German Military Antiques for Sale By Owner German Military Antiques Discount German Military Antiques

Please post some pictures or scans. . . The link obviously isn't working because I don't see any Iron Crosses in 1st Class (1939) on the page you linked. . .

?

the only iron cross on that page is a WW1 2nd class one not a WW2 ????

CTUrk3
    ?

Default WW2 Iron Cross

This is the original message i posted. Couldn't figure out how to attach the photos:

I have just started collecting WW2 German medals and documents. I purchased an Iron Cross and when I received it, it appears to be a reproduction medal. Photos of the medal are attached below. Could I get an opinion from some of you who have much more experience than me.

Thank you
    Cliff
    Attached Images Attached Images Iron Cross First Class  Iron Cross First Class  Iron Cross First Class  Iron Cross First Class  Iron Cross First Class  Iron Cross First Class 

Default Re: WW2 Iron Cross

Quote by CTUrk3 View Post
    . ...I purchased an Iron Cross and when I received it, it appears to be a reproduction medal.
    Thank you
    Cliff
    What makes you think it is a reproduction?
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Hi Cliff, I see nothing wrong with it at all?

I would also like to know your concerns?

Cheers, Ade.

PS: I have merged your two threads into one.

?

looks like a seam on the edge, does the centre magnetize?

Hi Colt, a seam there is fine. These are multi part construction. But bear in mind not all EK I's have magnetic cores.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast