Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Iron Cross First Class

Article about: I have just started collecting WW2 German medals and documents. I purchased an Iron Cross and when I received it, it appears to be a reproduction medal. Photos of the medal are shown on the

Default Re: Iron Cross First Class

Nice unmarked Meybauer, and thanks, Ade, for combining the threads. I didn't know there was another. . .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Iron Cross First Class
    P
    Many

For comparison, but not as nice. . .

CTUrk3
    ?

Thanks to all you for your responses to my question about the Iron Cross. I have another:

I believe you referred to it as a Meybauer, how do you know the manufacture if it isn’t marked?

Also, is it better to try and get mint/non issued medals or worn/issued medal for a collection/

Determining a maker when an item is not maker marked can be done with experience. Many makers have a "trademark" such as a particular hinge/pin/catch assembly or more often a particular die characteristic.

Choosing mint items over worn/issued pieces is really down to personal preference. Some people like mint unissued items, while for others it leaves them cold.

Cheers, Ade.

After a while you get an eye for similarities between marked and unmarked crosses. In this case the hinge, pin, & clasp configuration match those of early marked Meybauers. As far as mint, unissued examples versus salty dogs, I agree with Ade, it's simply a matter of personal preference, and availability. . .

dave
    ?

L/13 for your interest but please forgive the box.The box is for another award km bba i have 2 of these boxes and they are original ,look at my other post nice find from work.regards dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iron Cross First Class  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2