Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Iron Cross Second Class

Article about: For \\$135, does this look like a good deal to you. And in your opinion does it look authentic to you. I ask because I'm a beginning collector and we all had to start somewhere.

millertime021
    ?

Default Re: Iron Cross Second Class

The only websites I could find selling Iron Cross 2nd class's were selling them for $130+. With 1st Class going for even more. Can anyone send me to a good dealer with good prices.

2. # ADS

If I may make a suggestion germanmilitariacollectibles.com is a pretty good site with honest sellers. It costs $20 to become a lifetime member, which may or may not seem reasonable. You can find just about anything on there. I just checked for EK2 and the prices do range from $115 (salty) to $200 (minty with wrapper). Hope this helps. rick

Hello again,
    I bought mine from; Worldwide Arms, Staffordshire, UK. I dont know if they have any in stock at present. I've bought plenty of things from them over the last 9 -10 years and they have always been very helpful. They have an on line catalogue but if you can't find what you are after in that, it's worth giving them a phone call as they have a large stock.
    Good hunting,
    navyman.

If it helps i paid £50ish for an unmarked "55" with ribbon. Stewy S

Hi Navyman, I would advise real caution about buying from them. The one you will have bought I can almost 100% gurantee will be a copy. They are not that forthcoming on stating "real" or reproduction. I have seen them at shows over the last 20 years and I have had to pin them down to admit something is a copy. The language used can easily mislead people. The lack of an iron core, price and origin really worries me. But please show it on the forum if you can.

Cheers, Ade.

Unmarked EK2's are around 75-85 euros for a good one. I've only bought one all the rest were part of groupings. The price i mentioned is if you buy from a forum e-stand,not dealers. Stewy S

Ade,
    Many thanks, I will be on my guard now and examine previous purchases with great care.
    Will try and attach pics, not very good quality, still using borrowed camera whilst mine is repaired.
    Very best regards,
    navyman.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iron Cross Second Class  
    Attached Images Attached Images Iron Cross Second Class 

millertime021
    ?

Can you upload some pics. I would be interested.

millertime021
    ?

Thanks guys. Anyone else have good dealers, preferably not one's I have to pay for to buy from them. Mostly because I'm graduating high school in about a month and with college just around the corner, money may be an issue soon.

Sorry about suggesting that site. Even 20 bucks can be alot if you're saving for something special. The Collector's Guild at The Collector's Guild can be useful for both reference and purchase, although prices are on the high end.
    Congratulations on your forthcoming graduation. Future history major? Stick with what you love. rick

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast