Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ironcross overdose!

Article about: Here is an Ironcross overdose. Warning! Not for the fainthearted collector! While in Moscow I visited the museum of the Red Army/museum of the armed forces. Whilst there I came across this g

evan9201
    ?

Default Re: Ironcross overdose!

simply incredible!

2. # ADS

dave
    ?

Look at the boxes nothing like most u see on ek 1s mmm

Impressive indeed .... heard of this but never seen pictures of it . Wish they would not pile them like that .

Douglas

It seems you were so excited you could not stop taking photos of the pile, eh?. I think you didnĀ“t miss any angle. They are wonderful, thanks for sharing them.

Regards,

Gus

?

I find it quite surprising they survived the war. If they were captured three or four years before the war ended you might wonder why the Russians didn't trash them, scrap them for their own war effort etc. Does anyone know where they were kept after the capture?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Indeed. They must not have had a lot of love for them back then.

On the other hand, they have vast hoards of every conceivable item, that they captured.

I guess, it was just hidden away somewhere. Alas I dont know where. Maybe in storage in Moscow.

They have certainly gotten a renewed sense of the value; some of the huge stocks of weapons have begun to emerge in the West. I guess, they sell them off. I have seen not only Mosin-Nagants, but also mint PPSh41s and brand new Thompson guns still in storage grease. In some countries these are of course deactivated to comply with local laws.

The sight of the captured eagle and all the German banners on the floor of the museum also blew me away.

Amazing, that the banners survived the victory parade and was kept for decades, but of course captured banners/flags were always powerful symbolism for the victor.

Imagine, if they started selling off those too. What would the worlds only Leibstandarte banner pole go for, I wonder LOL

From what I read, despite the Hell that Germany unleashed on them, even the Russians had a fascination for Third Reich items, therefore they were hoarded

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Great thread ... thanks for posting!!

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    From what I read, despite the Hell that Germany unleashed on them, even the Russians had a fascination for Third Reich items, therefore they were hoarded

Nick

And still do!!

It looks like the bottom of the draw has fell out in Nick's house (stickgrenade)

?

Quote by 85ronnies View Post
    It looks like the bottom of the draw has fell out in Nick's house (stickgrenade)
    I was thinking the same thing... maybe stick got robbed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast