Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Juncker Ritterkreuz.

Article about: The absence of the rounded inside corners on the reverse seems to be the dead givaway of fakeness for me.

?

Default Re: Juncker Ritterkreuz.

The absence of the rounded inside corners on the reverse seems to be the dead givaway of fakeness for me.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Juncker Ritterkreuz.
    P
    Many

If it is intended to be Worn, a replica should suffice. To wear around some one Else's earned medal of bravery and honor that they were given, seems strange. Particularly so when you realize that they are worth 10 grand, more or less. The least small nick,bump or scratch would devaluate them.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by fvrod1 View Post
    The absence of the rounded inside corners on the reverse seems to be the dead givaway of fakeness for me.
    Don't take that as an indication of a fake. I've seen Juncker RKs with rounded and pointed inner corners on both the front and the back. The dates and the frame are the biggest giveaway on this one.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

G43
    ?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    If it is intended to be Worn, a replica should suffice. To wear around some one Else's earned medal of bravery and honor that they were given, seems strange. Particularly so when you realize that they are worth 10 grand, more or less. The least small nick,bump or scratch would devaluate them.
    Anoyone could argue the same thing about collecting in general? What gives someone the right to pay for an award with money when a soldier paid for it with blood,sweat, and tears? I would not run around with it just try it on, I am merely expressing appreciation for the history. Different collectors feel differently about their items. Just as I collect firearms I shoot all of them regularly to enjoy them.

I'll take a deep breath and say as inoffensively as possible, as in any hobby, if the person has the money, that they can do whatever they please with whatever they wish. I do know, though, that my swords and oaks Ritter that I had, I always handled it with cotton gloves-and that included something that most people forget-handling the Case as well. Even leather and documents do not much appreciate oils from fingers, etc. Good luck, in any case, finding that elusive Ritter!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by G43 View Post
    Anoyone could argue the same thing about collecting in general? What gives someone the right to pay for an award with money when a soldier paid for it with blood,sweat, and tears? I would not run around with it just try it on, I am merely expressing appreciation for the history. Different collectors feel differently about their items. Just as I collect firearms I shoot all of them regularly to enjoy them.
    IMO their is a difference between purchasing a metal, and displaying it with respect than purchasing an metal and wearing it as if it was your own. I will never understand why collectors would wish to wear tr memorabilia But than again, I may just collect for a different reason as others. I know I'd never wear anything I'd collect, tr reich or not. If I did want to wear something which I collected, I'd be sure it was a reproduction, NEVER an original.

G43
    ?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I'll take a deep breath and say as inoffensively as possible, as in any hobby, if the person has the money, that they can do whatever they please with whatever they wish. I do know, though, that my swords and oaks Ritter that I had, I always handled it with cotton gloves-and that included something that most people forget-handling the Case as well. Even leather and documents do not much appreciate oils from fingers, etc. Good luck, in any case, finding that elusive Ritter!
    I hope I did not come off as offensive. I understand and respect your opinion. I do in fact have my pieces in a climate controlled room and have a pair of cotton gloves handy. Although I have not been as fortunate as you to handle oak leaves and swords! Thanks wagriff.

G43
    ?

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    IMO their is a difference between purchasing a metal, and displaying it with respect than purchasing an metal and wearing it as if it was your own. I will never understand why collectors would wish to wear tr memorabilia But than again, I may just collect for a different reason as others. I know I'd never wear anything I'd collect, tr reich or not. If I did want to wear something which I collected, I'd be sure it was a reproduction, NEVER an original.
    Thank you for your opinion. Just out of curiosity why is it so bad, in your opinion, to put on an EK1 on a shirt and say "wow that's cool" and replace the award back in my case with cotton gloves on? I never "wear it as my own." I do not mean to offend you or your opinion this is just meant as friendly discussion. Also I do not do this all the time and only in the safety of my collecting room.

Many reasons, of course they are just my opinion. First off, wearing a metal which one didn't earn is one of the most dishonorable things one can do IMO. Second, this cross represents a period of such evil, IMO it's indescribable. When one wears an item from that era, it gives a, maybe false, impression that person wish to be apart of said regime. A regime which caused so much horror to this world. And please don't confuse collecting with this. Wearing an item and collecting an item are far different IMO. I being Jewish, am a collector tr items so that the past is never forgotten. I would never wear such an item just in the off chance others would mistake my intensions by doing so. That's just one reason. Also, you must remember you are speak of an item which cost up to ten thousand dollars or more!! Why one would want to risk damaging such an rare, historical item is beyond my comprehension. However, they are in your position, you paid hard earned money, it's your to do with as you wish.

These are just a few reasons.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 03-14-2013 at 12:22 PM.

G43
    ?

Thanks for your opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2