Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

L/11 LDO EKI with L/11 case!!!!

Article about: Hello EK collectors. I would like to get your feedback on these 2 pieces before purchasing. The L/11 mark behind the cross is 100% ok? On the reverse of the case the L/11 marking is not clea

Default L/11 LDO EKI with L/11 case!!!!

Hello EK collectors. I would like to get your feedback on these 2 pieces before purchasing.
    The L/11 mark behind the cross is 100% ok? On the reverse of the case the L/11 marking is not clearly viewable.
    On the obverse of the case i usually see a printed EK. This one lacks this detail. Is it normal? Any comments would be very appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture L/11 LDO EKI with L/11 case!!!!   L/11 LDO EKI with L/11 case!!!!  

L/11 LDO EKI with L/11 case!!!!   L/11 LDO EKI with L/11 case!!!!  

L/11 LDO EKI with L/11 case!!!!   L/11 LDO EKI with L/11 case!!!!  

L/11 LDO EKI with L/11 case!!!!  
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement L/11 LDO EKI with L/11 case!!!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: L/11 LDO EKI with L/11 case!!!!

Any LDO expert here?

?

Hello
    case is a late type, orginal, but I 've never seen it marked Deumer or L/11 or something else.. this one has to be marked LDO and stop.
    About cross, it 's original but there are 2 strange things :
    1 - what is that dark sign on swaz ?
    2 - what happened on the edge of frame (top arm) ? seems damaged or maybe a bit open

3rd thing (you decide if important or not) IMO this case was never used by Deumer.

?

The LDO cases never have the cross printed on top of the cover. Never on originals.
    You find the cross on corver just on cases used for ufficially awards and crosses have to be unmarked or marked with the PKN (not L/xx).

Hello Fabri and thanks for the reply. I have noticed that the bottom part of the case is black velvet instead of white. Maybe it's a case for a KVKI?
    That dark sign is a crack. Now about the upper arm, i have no idea what that is. Maybe i should pass on this?

?

No, this case is a typical late case for EKI, I had one, same type but for screw-back EKI.
    The black velvet it 's absolutely right for this case, I still have 1 - 2 cases like this for pin-back EKI.
    The white/clear velvet was used for other kind of cases.
    Depend what you want.. I think we have to know why the edge is open so have a better idea of value.
    Normally with about 300 Euro you can buy a cased and marked EKI in good conditions.
    You have to consider that in the future you 'll have same problems if you decide to put it on the market..

Well it's good to hear that coz it's debated. Another friend told me he is sure that this is a KVKI case whilst you say it's an EKI case. Basically the reason i hadn't purchase an EKI all this time is because i was looking to find one with case and the outside carton. I have one Imperial set (attached) and wanted a 1939 set as well.
    The reason i got into thinking to purchase this Deumer is because of the price. It's 250 euros all in. Normally like you said it's 300+
    The reselling matter is not concerning me as i have never sold a thing. My old car is still sitting opposite my house i sold once one thing, my motorcycle when i was 18 years old, and i have regretted it so much that i still it in my dreams.
    Attached Images Attached Images L/11 LDO EKI with L/11 case!!!! 

?

I can only agree with what Fabri has already pointed out. You have a very nice Imperial set, I would buy a very nice Third Reich set to go with it and would therefore pass on the set you opened the thread with. There are many fine sets out there if you shop around.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi Andrian, you agree also that this case is a late original/proper L/11 one?

?

I agree that from the photos it looks like an original late war quality case, not quite up to the standards of early war cases by any means.
    Fabri is more knowledgeable than me on cases and if he doesn't think Deumer used this type of case then I will defer to his thoughts. As the case is unmarked it's impossible to identify a maker or say for sure the cross and case belong together.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast