Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

L/15 EKI bad or good?

Article about: I was told to post this, a friend of mine thinks its a Floch. Anyone have any opinions thanks!

Default L/15 EKI bad or good?

I was told to post this, a friend of mine thinks its a Floch. Anyone have any opinions thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture L/15 EKI bad or good?   L/15 EKI bad or good?  

L/15 EKI bad or good?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement L/15 EKI bad or good?
    P
    Many

sure would like to see better pictures with more contrast. not showing up so well on my screen but that certainly does look like a Floch with an "A" type needle.

the date is riding pretty damn low as well.

i'd like to see a better picture of the catch.

L/15 mm is no help.

again, hard to see for me with these pictures but there looks to be some overlap of the beading at the interior most angles of the cross near the swaz. also not a great sign.

to the left of the hinge it looks like a scratched line is trailing off from the top aspect of the hinge block and to the left. am i seeing that right?

if so, that's no good either. this would be a guide mark for attachment of the hinge block and catch often seen on Floch reproductions.

edit: blowing the thing up, it does look like an etched line at the hinge block.

looks Flochesque for sure.

i'd love to see some close ups of that catch. i'm expecting that it would appear to be punched sheet metal in nature.

i'm sure some more opinions will be forthcoming. for me, from these pictures, i'd say with about 99% certainty this is a Floch reproduction.

This is what I have, my phone was acting up so getting clear shots at the auction wasent working all too well, fortunately I placed only $10 on her
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture L/15 EKI bad or good?   L/15 EKI bad or good?  

L/15 EKI bad or good?  

yeah that catch is 100% Floch. the angled shot (no. 2) gives enough of the profile to make that determination.

i have to fall in line with your friend on this one.

i'd leave it where it is, wherever that is.

are you saying you purchased it for 10 bucks? i didn't quite catch that.

No I pulled it out from a lot and that makes me start with an opening bid of $10, so either way I either pay 10 or let it pass, and even for $10, although it's a fake it's a nice one, a reenactor may enjoy it

if i bought that cross, i'd keep it as a reference.

?

A Floch indeed as Tempelhof has pointed out can be identified by the pin and also by the obverse date.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

well that's a shame.

i marked up the images of this cross to show the Floch features and i can not seem to open the photo uploader. don't know if this is an ongoing issue or what.