Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Moscow EK,Kvk hoard

Article about: Gday all, Stumbled across this image today. Plenty of EK's and KvK's to go round. This hoard is in the Red Army Museum in Moscow. They were apparently captured in a German railcar during the

Default Moscow EK,Kvk hoard

Gday all,
    Stumbled across this image today.
    Plenty of EK's and KvK's to go round.
    This hoard is in the Red Army Museum in Moscow.

Moscow EK,Kvk hoard

They were apparently captured in a German railcar during the 1941 Moscow battles.
    Pretty optimistic of the outcome were the Germans at this time to be shipping large quanties of awards to the front I feel.
    If only they had a crystal ball and knew what fate really awaited them.
    Cheers folks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Moscow EK,Kvk hoard
    P
    Many

Default Re: Moscow EK,Kvk hoard

Nice display! Reminds me of a claw machine... you put in a quarter and try to drop the claw so it'll pick up a prize!

Is that an Arisaka rifle in there?

i would say at least 70% of the wehrmacht equipment was left in Russia and most of itremain in Russia today, weather in the ground or in museums or collections. Just Imagine the Hoards of russia capture awards hit the market all at once or if everthing was let go... wonder how much prices would drop.

Thanks for sharing the pic, these type always make my mouth drool

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Nice display! Reminds me of a claw machine... you put in a quarter and try to drop the claw so it'll pick up a prize!

Is that an Arisaka rifle in there?
    Claw machine for sure,I'll have 50 bucks worth of change cheers.
    Gew 98 Mauser I believe.

[QUOTE=Franz1944;507186]i would say at least 70% of the wehrmacht equipment was left in Russia and most of itremain in Russia today, weather in the ground or in museums or collections. Just Imagine the Hoards of russia capture awards hit the market all at once or if everthing was let go... wonder how much prices would drop.

An interesting concept Franz especialy how the blackmarket is so dominant in modern Russia.
    A few thousand EK's let loose at once is a scary thing.But on the other hand their supposedly real and they do exist.Hmmm.
    Cheers Franz.

?

WOW ! How i wish i could find that lot

Kind regards
    Alex

The trouble I see with that, though, Franz-is that there are so many Fakes produced in Russia today, that people would have a very difficult time keeping them straight and sorted. Just Why they have to fake so much stuff, when, as they say, there IS so much genuine stuff there, it's a mystery to me....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

They should unleash those EK's on to the collecting world

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

It's a good photo, posted a few times here before along with the EK made of EKs below.
    To be honest, I hope these stay where they are. Where else can people marvel at vast quantities of EKs and KVKs on such a scale? If they were to hit the collectors market (hypothetically of course) they would be split up and go to evey corner of the world and only be seen by a small handful of people, those that buy them. Dealers will be crawling all over them to make a profit out of the collecting community, I doubt they will be sold cheap or at the price of a regular EK2, they're from the Moscow hoard, the price would be high!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Moscow EK,Kvk hoard  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    They should unleash those EK's on to the collecting world

Nick
    Thought you were collecting daggers now mate?.....lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast