Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My First Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse

Article about: Hi Guys, I bought this from one of our members on the forum. I cant remember the maker ( its unmarked) I only read it 400 times now I forgot. If I don't put it up now I will forget, Anyway I

Default My First Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse

Hi Guys,
    I bought this from one of our members on the forum. I cant remember the maker ( its unmarked) I only read it 400 times now I forgot. If I don't put it up now I will forget,
    Anyway
    I loved nicely toned items. This one is great

Deep russets and gold with even toning. which makes it look flashy and gold plated,

Been waiting a while for one I liked, and this one fit the bill.

Wanted to Share and will update who the maker is once he gets back to me or I find it on my own.
    Thanks
    General PutnamMy First Eisernes Kreuz 1. KlasseMy First Eisernes Kreuz 1. KlasseMy First Eisernes Kreuz 1. KlasseMy First Eisernes Kreuz 1. KlasseMy First Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My First Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse
    P
    Many

Is this an unmarked B.H.Meier?

"The maker is Souval, it is a textbook wartime produced one."

The 'Crow's feet' gave it away to me as a Souval also.

?

Bead flaw on 12 o'c arm left side of frame, "crows feet" as Glenn mentioned, rounded corners beside hakenkreuz and correct frame bead width to name a few...indicate a wartime RS Wien!
    Enjoy your first cross General.

I'm looking for one of these also, if anyone has upgraded or whatever let me know. In fact I bought one on the forum myself in the classifieds, only to have the payment refunded with an email that it has sold on the WAF... I wonder if the gold toning could be the result of living in a smokers house? A vintage guitar collector friend of mine calls it "bar tan" on vintage guitars where the white binding has virtually turned an orange color. At any rate, on a metal piece like this, smoke stains would just be a film on the surface.

I know little about EK's, virtually nothing actually... but one thing about this one that I maybe haven't seen on other ones is that the 3 in 1939 seems to hang down a bit?

My main focus for years has was coins, the toning her seems to just be a function of silver and time it had to have been in laying on its reverse as the reverse is pretty much tarnished over. well aged like a good steak

Indeed an impressive EKI. congrats. nothing like the first iron cross. My first was a Meybauer

watch it General they become a habit,nice EK1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast