Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

My first Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

Article about: I am not normally one to collect medals, but I was at a local gun/Militaria show a couple of weekends ago and picked up this EKII. I’m quite happy with it. The guy I got this from also had a

Default My first Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

My first Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

I am not normally one to collect medals, but I was at a local gun/Militaria show a couple of weekends ago and picked up this EKII. I’m quite happy with it. The guy I got this from also had an EKI, minus the ribbon, but I had already spent my budget for the day.
    Last edited by rbminis; 12-18-2019 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Looks nice. Congrats! Every collection needs a nice EK
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Salocin View Post
    The guy I got this from also had an EKI, minus the ribbon, but I had already spent my budget for the day.
    EK I's do not come with a ribbon. They are usually a pin back and are attached directly to the tunic.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

That’s right, I completely forgot that detail about the EKI. The guy I got this from even told me that. I recall him showing me the clip on the back.

Looks like it could possibly be a Klein and Quenzer given the quality of the photo. A pic of the back side of the cross could help confirm.

My first Eisernes Kreuz 2. KlasseMy first Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse
    Last edited by rbminis; 12-20-2019 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Edited to orient photos.

Quote by Chrish124 View Post
    Looks like it could possibly be a Klein and Quenzer given the quality of the photo. A pic of the back side of the cross could help confirm.
    IMO, the swastika is not that of a K&Q.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I rotated and enlarged the images, and yes, no K&Q. I compared it to all my examples in the reference books in my collection and it doesn't appear to be a match. There are some notable features on this cross though. First, the top of the "3" in "1939" tilts downward toward the left. This seems to be a feature on S&L and Wiedmann crosses (though there could be others). The lower right outer beading corner also shows some crossing of beads, again providing a identifying mark. The inner beading corners are also somewhat unusual compared to crosses in my reference books . Also, there is a flange where the beading meets the core, which is indicated by the smaller arrows on the magnified version of the OPs images. Hopefully someone will recognize these features from a cross in their collection or one they have seen somewhere.

My first Eisernes Kreuz 2. KlasseMy first Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

After further study, I believe this to be a Franz Reischauer. The dates seem to be a match, including how the top of the Obverse 3 slants downward to the left. The inner beading corners seem to have the similar shape mentioned above. Franz Reischauer examples I have seen also have the flange along the inside of the beading.

?

WOW!! this is great information that has been given on this badge. reading the information that you guys have given reads like a book and makes want for more. the fellow collectors here have a wealth of information. thanks for sharing it with us.