Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My First Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse.

Article about: It arrived in the post today my first Iron Cross 2nd Class and I was lucky enough to aquire this beautiful Robert Hauschild as my first it is in wonderfull condition with just the right amou

?

Default Re: My First Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse.

Thanks Phill I will post some better photos of it it does look good when all the lights are turned off in my study and it is the only thing a glow in the room in dark red .

Regards Mark K

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My First Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse.
    P
    Many

?

Nice one Mark! I like your idea of putting the LED light into the frame. Ive never even thought of doing that.....hmmm And Im sure you will be adding more LED's soon enough, as other awards start filling space in that frame! Congrats

?

Thanks Bill but this frame will only have this one award that will grace it .I will be building a larger frame with multiple led's for my other Third Reich awards all in Red of course. And I will build a second one for my allied awards and use blue or green led's I think I will build a small one first to show case just one award to see how it turns out with the blue or green .

Regards Mark K

Looking good Mark

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Thats a nice cross and display

?

Mark,
    That is a great idea for display! Please don't take this as a criticism but a suggestion, if it were me, I would place the ribbon towards the bottom corner at a 45 degree angle so the ends of it can be tucked around the backing. You could add a single EK2 ribbonbar, stickpin, an EK2 packet or perhaps another ribbon in the opposite corner to the display. At the moment (and only in my opinion) the ribbon looks a bit lost hanging awkwardly in the middle.
    Like I said, not a criticism because I reallly like the simplistic displays, it draws the eye in to focus on the object in question.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My First Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse.  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

very nice mark looks very good
    thanks for sharing such a great idea

?

Thanks for looking every one and the kind comments Adrian that is a hell of an ideal thank you for the suggestion I will repost some photos later today.

Regards Mark K

Mark

That is a great idea and thank you for sharing it! You have me thinking about individual displays rather than a display case/curio. Your case looks fantastic!

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

The option of being able to move items around in the frame makes for a good reason to get your awards out and 'play' with them. I'd hate to have my awards 100% fixed into position and not being able to move things around as the mood takes me.

Here's my current EK related item display.

My First Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast