Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My First Ritterkreuz.

Article about: ahh i want one now torsten it looks beutiful very jealous if you ever want to donate it to a worthy course i suppose i could accept it tom

Default Re: My First Ritterkreuz.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Karsten....the box would not be a "Juncker" made piece, I dont think this has been stated anywhere in the thread, just that it is the original box to the KC. It is probably identical to your 57'er KC box, as your box is , being part of an early KC set, probably a left over wartime part/box used until supplies were used up, and then ST u L sourced a modern made box for future KC set production......
    Prost ! Steve.
    Hi Steve,

I agree with you that St&L used partial wartime cases/parts for their RK´s.
    However I have never seen a grouping with this type of case with a Juncker RK inside. This box is actual know as the St&L box.
    So how did that box end up with the Juncker RK, if they most likely was not born together.
    Back to the case, I agree that the outer is identical to the wartime St&L cases and might be so, but the white fabric looks very similar to later (from 1960´s- onward), The difference with the wartime and the postwar fabric is that the postwar is more white and it has a thicker stuffing. Which this case seems to have. It is hard to tell, but the black velvet looks thicker and softer than what I would have expected from wartime St&L cases.

Is it possible to see better images of the black fabric inside and the button on the front? also if you could tell me if the white fabric reacts to UV or not.

Thanks in advance.

KR

Karsten

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My First Ritterkreuz.
    P
    Many

Very nice RK! Thanks for showing.

Regards

This is the type of case that I would have expected to see a Juncker RK in, of the rectangular cases.
    Notice the different rim and the outer ring on the button.

KR

Karsten

P.S. Thorsten "GermanDotMilitaria" did the case come with the RK when you obtained it?
    My First Ritterkreuz.

Karsten, this is the case that it came in and I have no reason to believe that the RK was not born with it. The story of the person I got it from appears genuine in that his granddad 'liberated' this set as an unissued set during the war in France. I do not know if this case was made by Juncker or if Juncker used cases made by other manufacturers toward the end of the war, but as far as I am aware this case is wartime made and it is the original case to this Ritterkreuz. Cheers, Torsten.

Wow a RK

There was a lazy RK recently in waf's estand for sale. Is this the same one?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by GermanDotMilitaria View Post
    Karsten, this is the case that it came in and I have no reason to believe that the RK was not born with it. The story of the person I got it from appears genuine in that his granddad 'liberated' this set as an unissued set during the war in France. I do not know if this case was made by Juncker or if Juncker used cases made by other manufacturers toward the end of the war, but as far as I am aware this case is wartime made and it is the original case to this Ritterkreuz. Cheers, Torsten.

Thanks Torsten for getting back. Could you still post better images of the black fabric inside and the button on the front? also if you could tell me if the white fabric reacts to UV or not.

Thanks in advance.

KR

Karsten

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Wow a RK

There was a lazy RK recently in waf's estand for sale. Is this the same one?
    No. It is not. I got it privately and I do not sell on WAF. The person I got it from has not offered it for sale anywhere else ever and has no interest in militaria items. I only got it this week and it would not have shown by anyone in the past anywhere, as it has never previously been in collector hands. Cheers, Torsten.
    Last edited by GermanDotMilitaria; 11-06-2011 at 12:09 AM.

Quote by Karsten S View Post
    Thanks Torsten for getting back. Could you still post better images of the black fabric inside and the button on the front? also if you could tell me if the white fabric reacts to UV or not.

Thanks in advance.

KR

Karsten
    Will take additional pics if and when there is some decent sunshine in Liverpool tomorrow. Cheers, Torsten.

?

Quote by GermanDotMilitaria View Post
    Will take additional pics if and when there is some decent sunshine in Liverpool tomorrow. Cheers, Torsten.
    Don't hold your breath Torsten!

Quote by carltiger View Post
    Don't hold your breath Torsten!
    looking out the window right now it does not look likely that there will be a lot of sunshine here in the near future ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast