Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My new Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse - unmarked but in great condition

Article about: Hello everyone, Just received my new EK2 - unmarked but seems in great condition. What do you think ? Any clue on the manufacturer ? Thanks! Reagrds, Ghibli

?

Default My new Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse - unmarked but in great condition

Hello everyone,

Just received my new EK2 - unmarked but seems in great condition.
    What do you think ? Any clue on the manufacturer ?

Thanks!

Reagrds,

Ghibli
    My new Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse - unmarked but in great conditionMy new Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse - unmarked but in great conditionMy new Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse - unmarked but in great condition

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse - unmarked but in great condition
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: My new Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse - unmarked but in great condition

Looks like a decent original cross to me, unsure of the maker at the moment, can you take some straight on shots of the front and back in natural light please?
    The frame is very similar to Paulmann & Crone but the core is very different. I think Sonny has a P&C framed cross with a variant core. If so, hopefully he can post it here for us to compare.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Hi Adrian,
    Thanks for your reply - interesting and valuable comments , I'll make some pics with natural light and post these.
    Yep, if someone got same P&C with different core, that would be great to compare.

Gh.

?

Hi Gh,
    The natural light photos will be very useful. Looking at the photos you've posted already it may well be the flash is hiding some of the details, for example, does the beading look like the black of the core has bled up onto it? I'm thinking now it may well be a closer match to Nick's cross here, a Walter & Henlein.

?

Hi Adrian,

Here are 2 pics without flash - hope that will help. Does not seem to me that black core bled. Core is (highly) magnetic (more than others of my EK2 for instance). Paint is rather mat.

Regarding Paulmann & Crone producer, I can't find it in the usual forum list. Have you got some details about that one ? Location or number assigned to ?

Thanks a lot for your comments!
    My new Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse - unmarked but in great conditionMy new Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse - unmarked but in great condition

?

Hmm. I'm still leaning towards it being very much the same as Nick's Walter & Henlein cross. There is a small amount of black creeping up the beading, not quite as noticeable as Nick's but it is there, this is normally found on this maker's crosses. The beading looks very close as does the date style. I'm a long way from being totally convinced but it is the closest I can match it to at the moment.

Regarding Paulmann & Crone, they are maker '86' although you won't find a marked EK from this maker. They never marked their crosses and any that do come up normally turn out to be maker '98'. The only way this maker and EK have been matched is down to veteran acquired EK2 sets which have been directly obtained as they were brought back from the war. Several sets have come to light in this way and therefore it is considered to be the best and only way to say with any degree of certainty this maker and that type of cross are a match.
    I've added a pic of my P&C set for reference......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse - unmarked but in great condition   My new Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse - unmarked but in great condition  

Attached Images Attached Images My new Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse - unmarked but in great condition 

?

Very nice set Adrian.

I think cross that started the thread is not a P&C, hard to say who produced it, remains a very nice frosted EK.

?

Very nice Paulmann & Crone set indeed ! Must be quite rare, isn't it?

Thanks for your comments, that's great to learn something new every day!
    Might be a Walter & Henlein, but mostly important is that this is an oginal EK2.

Gh.

?

Quote by Ghibli View Post
    Very nice Paulmann & Crone set indeed ! Must be quite rare, isn't it?
    Thank you Fabri and Gh for the comments regarding the P&C set I posted. I wouldn't say the crosses are particularly rare, more 'uncommon' but can be found with some time and patience. The award envelopes are more rare as are most award packets mainly down to the fact that these paper and card items are far more perishable and susceptible to the ravages of time, poor storage, atmospheric conditions and more likely to be thrown away.

?

Hi guys.
    I just got back home from 3 days of work in the other end of the country, so haven't been online.
    I will make some pics of my P&C later and post them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast