Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My new Ek2 medal bar

Article about: How can I put the correct medal there I looked under my microscope and its attached to a medal post or something under the ribbon. I plan to correct this bar thanks

Default My new Ek2 medal bar

Just got this one and plan to add some more medal bars in the future . Believe its maker 14 but can tell if its marked or not

comments welcome

My new Ek2 medal barMy new Ek2 medal barMy new Ek2 medal barMy new Ek2 medal bar

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new Ek2 medal bar
    P
    Many

Default Re: My new Ek2 medal bar

A lovely bar Maurice but the kvk ribbon is wrong

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

One thing's for sure: The second ribbon is actually for the Sudetenland medal, not for the Kriegsverdienstkreuz seen here.

Hello,welcome to the forum,the EK2 looks ok to me but there sure are a lot of die/casting floors on that KVK,(plus as already said,it's the wrong ribbon) Leon.

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    A lovely bar Maurice but the kvk ribbon is wrong
    Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    (plus as already said,it's the wrong ribbon).
    Please forgive me for being an old nit-picker, guys, but I think it would be better to say that the cross is wrong. (As the ribbon is surely original to this bar.)

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Please forgive me for being an old nit-picker, guys, but I think it would be better to say that the cross is wrong. (As the ribbon is surely original to this bar.)
    You are of course quite right!!!! (no not picking,just facts!)The bar appears correct with what looks to me a very poor KVK applied to the missing medal. Leon.

Nice bar, the cross is indeed a Lauer.

Regards

The Kvk looks crappy anyway and the proper Sudetenland Medal is easy to find and inexpensive...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Of course, thanks Andreas
    Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

There is no problem regarding the authenticity of the KVK, it's a zinc piece with has been added (obviously) and has had a bit of a hard life. It looks like it's been clamped in a vice or by pliers.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast