Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

my only EK

Article about: G'day All, I just thought I'd share with you all my one and only EK, I bought it locally here in Western Australia about 5 years ago. I have very little knowledge on these so I would certain

Default my only EK

G'day All,
    I just thought I'd share with you all my one and only EK, I bought it locally here in Western Australia about 5 years ago. I have very little knowledge on these so I would certainly value any opinions, both positive or negative regarding this one.
    Cheers,
    Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my only EK   my only EK  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement my only EK
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: my only EK

Hi Dave,

You have a nice original example, with original length of ribbon too.

As regards to the maker, I'm thinking that it is either a '65' i.e. Klein+Quenzer, or a '25' i.e. Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Graveur. Wait for somebody to confirm the manufacturer though, maybe Adrian or Nick can offer an opinion later if they have a chance to peruse.

Regards,

Carl

Thanks Carl, nice to have it confirmed as a good one!

I like it very much, it has a really nice patina to it..

Josh

JMM
    ?

I Dave

Hi also only have one EK2k that I bought many years ago (see Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse opinions.). Mine doesn't have any mark so according to Nick it would be a K&Q and according to Adrian, a Meybauer. I also was happy they confirmed it as org (cross and ribbon).
    I like yours very much.

Dave

Now yours is a Meybauer imo, but I'm sure Adrian will know for sure the maker

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Not a Meybauer or a Kein & Quenzer, the frame is a 'standard' Steinhauer & Luck type. I can't place the core at the moment.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

EK recognition is an art form.

And the EARTH without ART is just EH...

Nice original 'first' cross, Dave. Are you planning
    on collecting a few more in the future.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

G'day boys, I like these things but I will probably just leave it at the one for just now. I've had this one for several years and always felt it was a good one but it is nice to have it confirmed. Thanks very much to you all gents, your wealth of knowledge never ceases to amaze me!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast