Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My Ritterkreuz.

Article about: Could anyone please translate this for me it is on the back of the case. This cross has had mixed feeling about it around some collectors. I have learned a lot from you experts in this field

Nick is correct IMO a Souval, there not all crude in construction, here's mine for comparison......often bought post war by veterans instead of the 57er St u L version, who preferred an award in its original guise rather than the sanitised BRD authorised version !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Ritterkreuz.   My Ritterkreuz.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Ritterkreuz.
    P
    Many

And before anyone says the dates do not match Steve's example, Souval used two different types of cores.

Here is the Souval RK I once owned, although much later production than John's cross IMO (therefore less quality):
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Ritterkreuz.   My Ritterkreuz.  

My Ritterkreuz.   My Ritterkreuz.  

Thanks for all the imput guys. It is very helpful.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

A quick check of RKT shows that this person did not win the RK !!

Well... Like I said A story is just that a story.
    John

Quote by Paul D View Post
    A quick check of RKT shows that this person did not win the RK !!

?

My apologies John in fact he is recorded i missed it on the first look !!

Oberleutnant der Reserve
    Martin, Heinz
    + 27.09.1942
    Ritterkreuz am: 20.12.1941
    als: Leutnant der Reserve
    Funktion: Ordonnanzoffizier Stab InfRgt 520

?

At this point in former times i would say 'LIKE'

I have to admit that I have never liked Souval badges and medals-even the wartime pieces. For me, there is not many-if any-ways to positively tell which era they were made in. Who can say what the differences are to, say a May 1,1945 piece to that of a May 15,1945 one? And, true, Steve, not All Souval's were crude, but then again, I have seen some that would make the stoutest pro-Souvalist blink. As parts and materials ran out or were replaced, Souval would use whatever he had on hand in stock-whether it was like the originals or not at all, it didn't matter to him.
    As for the posted Ritter, maybe it's just my eyes or the thicker black coating that the one posted by Nick has, but the "8"s look different to me and the "1"s look thicker somehow. It could be just a trick of the light or something similar, but in any case, it's all moot anyway, as whatever version or maker this one came from, it's still not a TR issued award. The inclusion of the "recipient"s history of how he won it and when would certainly make no sense and has only been included as a selling point. If, for example, it Is a post 45 Souval, then the recipient could hardly have been awarded it several years before the war's end in 1941. The card makes it look like someone kept his RK after he fell. Clever sales ploy, anyway...It's simple enough to look up an award winner's details and add it to your fake piece. Any way you want to look at this cross, it's

My Ritterkreuz.
    Last edited by Wagriff; 05-23-2014 at 01:48 AM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Jan
    ?

Although I´m no expert on these I found the thread very interesting indeed. The argumentation presented by "Wagriff" seems very solid.

Best,

Jan

Here are some more pictures of this cross. Hopefully this will help a little.
    Thanks,
    John

My Ritterkreuz.My Ritterkreuz.My Ritterkreuz.My Ritterkreuz.My Ritterkreuz.My Ritterkreuz.My Ritterkreuz.My Ritterkreuz.My Ritterkreuz.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast