Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Round 3 EK2s

Article about: Lately, I have been dabbling in TR EKs again and I thought what better than to start with some round 3 EK2s. First up is a Deschler with packet. - - Updated - - Another Deschler round 3. Are

?

Default My Round 3 EK2s

Lately, I have been dabbling in TR EKs again and I thought what better than to start with some round 3 EK2s. First up is a Deschler with packet.

My Round 3 EK2sMy Round 3 EK2sMy Round 3 EK2s

- - Updated - -

Another Deschler round 3. Are Deschlers and "Thick" varients one in the same?

- - Updated - -

Here is an unmarked regular D&S. I think I just need a marked EK2 to complete the family. My Round 3 EK2sMy Round 3 EK2sMy Round 3 EK2s

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Round 3 EK2s
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: My Round 3 EK2s

I really like this next one with the Swastika base. Only 5 more varients to go Please feel free to post close ups of all your varients here

Great collection of R3's Lee !!

I only have one so will dig it out and add it here

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Very nice Lee. Thanks for showing them.

Regards

?

Indeed, very nice EK group. Good to see a few round 3's together too. Well done Lee, and thanks for sharing those with us all.

Regards,

Carl

?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Great collection of R3's Lee !!

I only have one so will dig it out and add it here

Nick
    Thanks Nick Im looking forward to seeing it here

Thanks guys for the responses

Some dissagree that the first two are from Deschler.

Quote by leej11 View Post
    Thanks Nick Im looking forward to seeing it here

Thanks guys for the responses

Some dissagree that the first two are from Deschler.
    I dont think anyone really knows for sure Lee. The round 3 never featured on any Imperial cross. Dietrich thinks it is possible that the Third Reich authorities stopped this practice as it was offensive to Hitlers regulating authority. R3's only appear on unmarked examples from early WW2.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    I dont think anyone really knows for sure Lee. The round 3 never featured on any Imperial cross. Dietrich thinks it is possible that the Third Reich authorities stopped this practice as it was offensive to Hitlers regulating authority. R3's only appear on unmarked examples from early WW2.

Nick
    Hi Nick, let me explain the dilema more in detail. The first two I posted are considered to be the "Thick" style variant because of how thick the frames are like Deschlers. However if you look at a known Deschler, the inner corners are round NOT pointy like the ones I posted here. Here's where we have a problem-Many of these "Thick" variants are found with Deschler packets. Some claim they are all put together by collectors/dealers thinking they are D&S. I beleive some or many are but what about all the ones out of the "woodwork" so to speak? If you live in Germany you have an advantage to get this stuff by private appointment which is where this one came from. Thats not to say it couldnt have been mixed up in the household. I will stay on the safe side and keep this set together until the "Thick" variant is proven without a doubt NOT to be Deschler.

Hi Lee

I and others believe because so many were found with Deschler packets they were made by them.

Here is my 'thick version'

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images My Round 3 EK2s  My Round 3 EK2s  My Round 3 EK2s 

?

Thats a very nice one indeed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast