Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

NEED HELP 2x EK1

Article about: Hi all! I have been offered these 2 EK1. I am not too sure about them but any help will be appreciated. The first one is not maker marked in any way. The second is marked "4". Both

Default NEED HELP 2x EK1

Hi all!

I have been offered these 2 EK1. I am not too sure about them but any help will be appreciated. The first one is not maker marked in any way. The second is marked "4". Both have magnetic cores.
    Thans in advance for any info!
    Adrianb
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NEED HELP 2x EK1   NEED HELP 2x EK1  

NEED HELP 2x EK1   NEED HELP 2x EK1  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NEED HELP 2x EK1
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: NEED HELP 2x EK1

Hello
    both cases are good. About crosses: I believe that one marked 4 is ok.
    About the unmarked: it 's clearly a cross manufactured by Souval. Now the question is: is it a contemporary cross or postwart ??
    There are no certain answers. But in my opinion it 's postwar, this date and this back set-up are not contemporary. Just my opinion.

?

The S&L cross is good and as Fabri says, the cases look original too, the dirt, staining and age on these is something that can't be replicated so naturally - although there are those who will try!
    The Souval cross on the face of it looks ok to the untrained eye but I will defer to Fabri's greater knowledge of these and stand by his judgement, the date is a big clue as to when the cross was made and my first impression was postwar too. The core has also been touched up at some point.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi Fabri, Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your replies! The boxes I was not worried about because they could be switched and swapped under the counter. The medals were more my concern.
    The mark that says "4" is extremely small and was very difficult to read with the naked eye, is that the norm with a S+L?

?

the "4" stamp on needle and on EKII rings too is very little, so little that normally we have to use lens.

Hi All!
    So regarding the small "4" stamp, is that a standard point of reference for crosses produced by S+L?
    Thanks for all the education received!
    Will be receiving my first book on EK's in the post any day now.
    Would like to shortly purchase my first EK1 in the near future.
    Doing as much research so as to hopefully find a real beauty!
    Thanks again,
    Adrian
    I recently purchased a minty EK2 and it needs a "sparkler" of an EK2.

That was meant to be a "sparkler" of an EK1