Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Need opinions on a Ritter Kreuz...

Article about: Hi all. Knowing how many repros are floating around out there (and how well they're constructed) I thought I'd post this one for opinions. Unfortunately the case and ribbon have suffered fro

?

Default Need opinions on a Ritter Kreuz...

Hi all. Knowing how many repros are floating around out there (and how well they're constructed) I thought I'd post this one for opinions. Unfortunately the case and ribbon have suffered from water damage...

Thanks!
    Dzyner
    Last edited by Adrian; 04-10-2014 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need opinions on a Ritter Kreuz...
    P
    Many

There are a couple of things that I do not like about this RK, but rather say, I would suggest that you First take a look at the link below and see what You think after comparing yours in the gallery and then you can make a good informed decision by your own judgement.
    Knight's Cross Gallery
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Thanks for the reply William. From my research there are several 800 L/12 (Juncker) stamps on these; some with the 800 before the L/12, and some with the 800 following the L/12. On the page you reference there is only one example, and it has the 800 after the L/12. However, I found on another forum a nice thread with quite a few Juncker examples. Check it out and let me know what you think. Based on some of the examples shown I think this is a winner -- strengthened by the fact it is accompanied by the original case (albeit in horrible condition).

Knights Cross Photo Database - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Thoughts?

The orientation of the 800 to the L/12 is no big problem. It can be to the left or to the right of the L/12. The couple of small bits that I did not like about this one are also nothing large. The tips of the arms, for example, could be sharper and not so rounded, but this is nothing to be concerned of. The other point was the attachment of the suspension ring to the edge is abit on the sloppy side, but for Juncker, this, too, is within allowance.
    This RK has about everything that I generally look for. The crosshatching of the beading, the dates have the correct fonts, and the angles for the arms come to the proper joints and the edge seams look fine. And the inner corners of the beading has the hand file work that it should. The amount of Rust is alarming-particularly on the obverse on the date and the tips of the 2 arms. I imagine that there would be a way to neutralize this and prevent it from progressing any further, though. It does affect the value, of course, but it is, in my opinion, a genuine Juncker Ritter. Are they asking a reasonable price for it? The case too, by the way, can be restored by a competent repair person, but I doubt if I would bother. It's condition is part of it's history and it is what it is. It still has more than considerably decent value! You may have just come across a bargain Juncker!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Please note I have moved this thread to the dedicated Eisernes Kreuz forum.
    Please ensure further threads are started in the correct place.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Adrian, I added this beneath the "Orders & Decorations of the Third Reich" forum, did I not??

?

Yes, it was posted in the main Orders and Decorations section, not the 1939 Eisernes Kreuz sub forum.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....