Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

New Eisnerne Kreuz 2. Klasse mm 5

Article about: Got this one, mm '5', today at the SOS in Louisville KY.

?

Default Re: New Eisnerne Kreuz 2. Klasse mm 5

I've seen a few over the years Danny, some outright fakes such as the Floch efforts above, some post war stamped crosses from several different manufacturers and several different styles of stamp too. I've not come across one the same as mine which of course doesn't mean alot but as I mentioned before, this style is more realistic than others I've seen and seen discussed. Most '5' stampings look like a modern font such as on the Floch crosses above.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Eisnerne Kreuz 2. Klasse mm 5
    P
    Many

Another "floched-up" ensemble. . .

?

Thank you for posting Bill, I can't remember ever seeing the whole Floch package before and certainly not a Wernstein envelope.

Don't I feel like an idiot. I've been inspecting this thing closely looking for clues, and there they are. I even looked at this thing through a loupe and didn't catch that. I was too excited about the '5' as I didn't have one. Well, I still don't, and from what you all are saying a numbered '5' may not exist.
    Note to self, wear your bifocals to the show next time!!! And watch closely for clues.

Roger

I would say everyone has a small collection of "5"s in their collection. Mine is in the form of a Mother's Cross, relic SS buckle, Heer dagger, etc. LOL I don't feel bad about paying the admittance fee into this collection. The education has been costly but now I have it and it's priceless. The knowledge I have gained will never embarrass me and makes me a better collector. Lift your head loud and proud my forum friend, you've paid for your education and didn't need IN's gov. to pay it. ha I have been thinking about what to do with this undesirable collection! Maybe blow it up with some dynamite? I know someone who works for the bomb squad, zap it with electricity? Shoot it with one of my guns? Let Ned's avatar character sit on it? I'll probably just keep them in the "mistake" box for reference.

Green
    Last edited by Greenhorn; 02-27-2012 at 04:03 PM. Reason: typo of course!
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

We all live and learn !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I'm thinking of disassembling the Floch fake and seeing how they look on the inside. As an aside, my uncle brought back an EK2 along with the helmet and rifle from his time in Italy, and my cousins thought it would be good fun to put the cross into a frying pan and heat it to see what would happen. What they were thinking, we'll never know, but the cross did not survive the ordeal intact, and I believe they just threw it away. (of course, in the early '60's EK2's weren't thought very highly of). Still, sad.
    Too true, this is an educational process, and I agree, live and learn. What knowledge I gain is the one thing no one, including the nefarious government, can take away.

?

Don't beat yourself up Roger, everyone has and will make a mistake along the way. As long as it's a learning experience as you say the all is not lost. It can be easy to get lost in the moment of a show and the dealer who looks so honest etc.
    Love them or hate them, smart phones and ipads with internet access etc can be quite an asset in those situations to check facts and ask questions in real time!

Quote by roger9344 View Post
    I'm thinking of disassembling the Floch fake and seeing how they look on the inside. ...
    Roger,

There's a thread on WAF showing exactly what a Floch cross looks like when taken apart.
    You could still easily sell your one - some people are interested in these to study and will pay for them (obviously not as much as you paid for it, but at least you can get some of your cash back).
    I myself have a display of fake crosses hanging in my home (EK2, EK1 & RK) - hopefully any potential thieves will grab them and not the hidden ones!

I know how you feel Roger, it takes some getting over. I was sold a dud SS 4 year Long service and was distraught when I learned the truth about it

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast