Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Newcomer to the forum with a query re a Ritterkreuz!

Article about: Hi Kenneth, well to be honest no I haven't checked Euro dealers out and I wouldn't really know where to start! I've seen a lovely one on Ruptured Duck - who appears to be praised by all coll

Smile Newcomer to the forum with a query re a Ritterkreuz!

Hi guys, been perusing this forum with fascination for a while now so I thought it was time to join! Im 42 and have been collecting on and off for decades, in fact my dad bought me an original swastika flag and WW2 German helmet for Xmas when I was 9 - I've been hooked ever since!
    In the last year or so I've been looking to purchase more stuff again and - I presume in common with many collectors - I've always dreamed of owning a genuine Knights Cross. I've seen one on WW2 GERMAN MILITARIA for what I believe through research is a reasonable price for such an item. What perplexes me is that - OK given the recession etc - its been for sale for some months. Could anyone help me as regards the reputation of the chaps who run the site, and if indeed they are highly regarded why has the cross not sold yet? I know its a big money item but there are big money collectors out there!?
    If the cross was 100% genuine I could probably raise the coin and fulfill a lifelong dream!
    Here's a link to the item though I guess many of you have seen it already.

WW2 GERMAN MILITARIA - Crosses

Hope you guys can help me please!
    Best wishes to all
    Nigel
    Last edited by Adrian; 04-29-2011 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Newcomer to the forum with a query re a Ritterkreuz!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Newcomer to the forum with a query re a Knights Cross!

Hello Nigel and welcome to the forum.

I have to say, I've never heard of this dealer and therefore had no dealing with them so can't give you any advice in that area.
    Known and trusted dealers can sell Ritterkreuz everyday of the week despite recessions, I would be a little cautious if this cross has been for sale as long as you say.
    The Nimmergut COA might also be a reason why it hasn't sold. If I'm correct (and I apologise if I'm wrong), this individual doesn't have the best reputation.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Newcomer to the forum with a query re a Knights Cross!

many thanks indeed for that Adrian, I got the overall impression from their site and stuff that they / he was a well known dealer with good repute. If you are right it just shows how wrong one can be. I'll see what the other chaps on the forum hopefully say!
    Cheers!
    Nigel

?

Default Re: Newcomer to the forum with a query re a Ritterkreuz!

I too would be interested if any other members have had any experience with Nimmergut directly or indirectly.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I've never dealt with them...........

There may be a few KC's for sale at 'emedals'.
    Regards,

Steve.

KSH
    ?

If I only could afford a Ritterkreutz... Alas!

I wish you good luck with your KC-hunting Nigel!

- Kenneth

?

I have never seen an original Knight's Cross with his COA yet. He always declares that the S&L B type is a wartime piece.
    Of course this Lazy 2 is a fake.

Cheers Steve, I've seen the emedals site - are they a highly regarded seller would you say?

Thanks Kenneth, I think I'll need all the luck I can get. What a minefield it is, the search for 100% genuine pieces!

KSH
    ?

Quote by Nigella View Post
    Thanks Kenneth, I think I'll need all the luck I can get. What a minefield it is, the search for 100% genuine pieces!
    It sure is. I've read that the Ritterkreutz is the most faked and reproduced of all German EKs. Not sure if it's true, but I would be quite paranoid if I was looking for one (more paranoid than usual)

Have you checked out the major european dealers?

- Kenneth

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast