Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Newcomer to the forum with a query re a Ritterkreuz!

Article about: Hi Kenneth, well to be honest no I haven't checked Euro dealers out and I wouldn't really know where to start! I've seen a lovely one on Ruptured Duck - who appears to be praised by all coll

Default Re: Newcomer to the forum with a query re a Ritterkreuz!

Hi Kenneth, well to be honest no I haven't checked Euro dealers out and I wouldn't really know where to start! I've seen a lovely one on Ruptured Duck - who appears to be praised by all collectors - but its seriously top dollar. Which European dealers would you suggest as reliable sellers mate?
    And yes I can imagine the Kinghts Cross would be the most faked - it has such a mystique doesn't it?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Newcomer to the forum with a query re a Ritterkreuz!
    P
    Many

?

Hi Nigel,
    If you try a seach for 'trustworthy' you should find a thread with some good and recommended dealers listed. If I can find the link I'll post it here. There are many decent dealers in Europe, unfortunately the exchange rate isn't so good for us in the U.K. at the moment.

Edit:

Here is the link: Trustworthy Militaria Sites.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by Anubis View Post
    I have never seen an original Knight's Cross with his COA yet. He always declares that the S&L B type is a wartime piece.
    Of course this Lazy 2 is a fake.
    Thanks János.
    I had a feeling it was this guy who made the COAs up on fake items. Steer well clear Nigel, of both the dealer and the name Nimmergut!

Thanks very much Adrian, just goes to prove what a good site this forum is. I looked at that RK loads of times and it looked gen to me, but there again I haven't the expertise of many of you fine chaps!
    Thank God for forums like this!
    Cheers
    Nigel

KSH
    ?

Quote by Nigella View Post
    Hi Kenneth, well to be honest no I haven't checked Euro dealers out and I wouldn't really know where to start! I've seen a lovely one on Ruptured Duck - who appears to be praised by all collectors - but its seriously top dollar. Which European dealers would you suggest as reliable sellers mate?
    And yes I can imagine the Kinghts Cross would be the most faked - it has such a mystique doesn't it?
    It certainly does. This link: Hitler's Nest also provides some dealers that the author of this list have had good experiences with (in addition to what was mentioned above by Adrian). I like Weitze in Hamburg http://www.weitze.net personally, but they are as you put it, seriously top dollar. Coming from Norway myself I don't really think about the prices in Europe as very expensive, but it is a very different matter if you live in the states. I don't have personal experience with any of the dealers that is mentioned on Hitlers Nest, except Klaus Butschek which I like quite a lot. But he very rarely I think have KCs for sale. No dealer in my short experience have I ever considered 100% reliable, people do make mistakes you know.

To put it another way: I like Weitze and have never had a problem with them, but then again others might have had.

- Kenneth

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I too would be interested if any other members have had any experience with Nimmergut directly or indirectly.
    i too never heard of him, Adrian

KSH
    ?

In German "nimmer" means 'never (more/again)' & "gut" can mean 'good' or 'manor'. Interesting name and funny coincidence if you read "gut" as 'good'...

Pardon me this digression

- Kenneth

?

Quote by KSH View Post
    No dealer in my short experience have I ever considered 100% reliable, people do make mistakes you know.
    This is a very good point and worth highlighting. The reputation of a dealer should never be used as a basis to buy anything. It should be looked at as a starting point but not a cast iron guarantee. I bought a low end item off a dealer who's reputation was considered absolutely unquestionable. The item was actually a fake. The dealer dealt with it extremely quickly and efficiently but it goes to show that all dealers do make mistakes and homework and research should be the biggest part of your decision making when thinking about purchasing an item from anywhere.

Quote by KSH View Post
    In German "nimmer" means 'never (more/again)' & "gut" can mean 'good' or 'manor'. Interesting name and funny coincidence if you read "gut" as 'good'...
    Interesting observation Kenneth and quite appropriate in this circumstance!

KSH
    ?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    This is a very good point and worth highlighting. The reputation of a dealer should never be used as a basis to buy anything. It should be looked at as a starting point but not a cast iron guarantee. I bought a low end item off a dealer who's reputation was considered absolutely unquestionable. The item was actually a fake. The dealer dealt with it extremely quickly and efficiently but it goes to show that all dealers do make mistakes and homework and research should be the biggest part of your decision making when thinking about purchasing an item from anywhere.

Interesting observation Kenneth and quite appropriate in this circumstance!
    I thought it was quite appropriate too Adrian and slightly funny I must admit.

I guess what separates the "good" dealers from the "bad" dealers (not counting of course those swindlers whose sole purpose is to knowingly deceive the unknowing or inexperienced collector and make a good profit out of it) is how they act when they have made a mistake.

- Kenneth

?

Quote by KSH View Post
    I guess what separates the "good" dealers from the "bad" dealers (not counting of course those swindlers whose sole purpose is to knowingly deceive the unknowing or inexperienced collector and make a good profit out of it) is how they act when they have made a mistake.
    That is true but some people's experience with a dealer might be completely different from someone else's. Very often you will hear of a dealer putting things right quickly and correctly with one person yet mucking another about. Like I said, dealers can be recommended on individual experience but it should only be used as a pointer and doesn't mean you will get the same experience.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast