MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

nice combat patina EK1 "65"

Article about: Here's a nice EK1 with a combat look. Maker marked 65 : Klein & Quenzer

?

Default nice combat patina EK1 "65"

Here's a nice EK1 with a combat look.
    Maker marked 65 : Klein & Quenzer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture nice combat patina EK1 "65"   nice combat patina EK1 "65"  

nice combat patina EK1 "65"   nice combat patina EK1 "65"  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement nice combat patina EK1 "65"
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: nice combat patina EK1 "65"

Lovely patina indeed! congrats!

?

Great looking cross

Hi, I thought I'd add my worn EK1 marked "65" to this thread. It's slightly convex. Was this done by the wearer or wear they issued like it?, Cheers, Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture nice combat patina EK1 "65"   nice combat patina EK1 "65"  

?

Both are very nice crosses. Typical K&Q with what seems like the same type of core variation.
    I believe this cross would've been vaulted by the wearer. I'm not 100% sure if vaulted crosses were issued. It might have been possible for the awardee to by one from an LDO outlet but I can't say for definite. Maybe someone else does.......?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Nice crosses Matt/Richard

Adrian, what is meant by "vaulted" ?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    Adrian, what is meant by "vaulted" ?
    Hi Nick,
    It's when the wearer would bend the badge to obtain a better fit to his/her uniform. See a couple of examples below, there is a vaulted Minensucher Kriegsabzeichen compared to an unvaulted example and an Imperial EK1......

nice combat patina EK1 "65"  

Ah yes. My BH Mayer is vaulted .

I there a danger of damaging the core when this is done?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

I guess there's a risk of damaging the award no matter what it is and depending on the method used the possibility is always there.
    Some were done very well, others look like they've been jammed in a vice and a pair of pliers applied with a heavy hand!

Hi Chaps, thanks for the info. Looking closely at my cross some of the ribs on the frame are a little flattened. So it looks like it was done gently in a vice or something similar. Therefore privately done vaulting, Cheers, Richard.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast