Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

No magnetic EKII

Article about: Guys, I don't follow things to the same degree as yourselves but is there also the possibility that post war 'parts' crosses were assembeled from existing stocks perhaps bought up by a shrew

Default Re: No magnetic EKII

Guys,

I don't follow things to the same degree as yourselves but is there also the possibility that post war 'parts' crosses were assembeled from existing stocks perhaps bought up by a shrewd individual or two to satisfy souvineer demand from the occupiers?

I suppose we will never know for sure but it must be a possibility.

This was happening in Iraq 2006 (you could buy a set of Saddams shoulder boards $10) I don't see why not back then too?

Jock

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement No magnetic EKII
    P
    Many

?

Quote by jock auld View Post
    Guys,

I don't follow things to the same degree as yourselves but is there also the possibility that post war 'parts' crosses were assembeled from existing stocks perhaps bought up by a shrewd individual or two to satisfy souvineer demand from the occupiers?
    Absolutely Jock. This did happen. Several manufacturers continued to make awards after the end of hostilities and in fact several made the 1957 awards from leftover stock from the war. I'm fairly sure the cross Massimo isn't one of them though.
    There are many items that have question marks over them as to whether or not they were made before May '45 or not long after.
    Off the top of my head I can think of a certain S&L Ritterkreuz and Deutsche kreuz. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)
    Souval were very well known for making many types of award after war, even some they didn't make during it.
    If Bob Hritz reads this I'm sure he will elaborate further as he has had contact with one of Souval's wartime employees and has excellent knowledge of their practices.
    Below for interest is a 1957 version EK1 made by Deumer with parts leftover from the wartime production.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture No magnetic EKII   No magnetic EKII  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    I have only seen one other example and wish I'd picked it up now, click here It's the first cross on the thread.
    Adrian,
    If I get tried of the cross, you will be the first to know
    It's much better looking then on the pictures.

?

Quote by Snni View Post
    Adrian,
    If I get tried of the cross, you will be the first to know
    It's much better looking then on the pictures.
    You got it Sonny?
    Nice catch, at least it's gone to a good home!
    Can you post any pics of it here on the thread? When the sales thread on WAF gets deleted we won't be able to see it anymore.

?

Yes, I got it My first Non magnetic EK2.
    Yes, of course. I will take a few shots of it and post them.
    Trevor has identified it to be a possible #28.

?

Eugen Schmidthausser - interesting! I wonder clues Trevor found to indicate this maker.
    It's possible this cross may have a two part core.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2